User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Us 2020 22MLE; Thanks to This Forum!

Hello All,

I've been a quiet member of this forum for over a year now. Reading all your suggestions, comments, etc. has lead me to purchasing a very well maintained, "New to Me" 2020 22MLE. Thank you all!

I am on vacation in NS with it now for two weeks. I have land here, and will develop a pad, septic, and well. I will winterize and store here. Next summer we will do a month in it on this land. After that; plan for our retirement trip, chasing the sun to the south!

I will be on the lookout for the perfect truck over the next year, and I will have many questions now that I have spent some time living in the RV.

I love this model; over the last two years I researched every possible couples trailer... the 22MLE was my 1st choice from day one. I am very happy to have finally pulled the trigger.

All the Best
    Sid & Kiko
    2020 22MLE
    Truck TBD

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! We love our MLE as well. A very quaint couples trailer.

Also, the sun sets to the west here lol.

Enjoy your travels.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new to you Trailer!

I can relate to what you said about researching for the right couples trailer. The 22mle is our third try at it and I think we finally got it right.

We were looking and looking for a replacement in 2019; went to the Hershey PA RV Show (which is huge) in September of that year but came away empty handed since the 22mle had not been released yet. About a month after the Show I can’t recall how or where but I saw the 22mle floor plan and immediately showed it to my wife. We both simultaneously said Yes! The rest is history!
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new rig. Definitely a very popular floor plan. Lots of great people and experience willing to help.

Safe travels!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congrats! Love NS, you are lucky to be a resident there. Look forwarding to returning with our 22MLE in the future!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the group and the 22mle gang. We love it. It feels bigger then it is, plenty of storage, nice kitchen (we both love cooking). After 2 years and a few long trips (3 to 4 weeks) and plenty of smaller ones, we still love it. Not to big, not to heavy.... if your looking for a TV, I'd recommend going with a 3/4. Not that a 1/2 can't tow it. You simply will be a little more stable and the biggest plus is you won't have to worry about what you pack. Payload is always a killer.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello @KlondikeKiko, welcome to the forum. So glad you found the right TT for you. Keep posting to update us on your experience.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t feel a 3/4 ton is needed for the 22mle. As long as your hitch is set up correctly any 1/2 ton with the correct tow capacity and payload will be more than adequate.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just a little late, still......

Welcome aboard! The cult/gang continues to grow.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KlondikeKiko View Post
    Hello All,

...I will be on the lookout for the perfect truck over the next year, and I will have many questions now that I have spent some time living in the RV.
    Welcome to the club ! We also have the 2020 22MLE and love it.

So if you have been reading this forum for a while, then you probably have read just about every opinion more than once. Since we are still working and a few years away from retirement, not to mention the ridiculous prices of trucks these days. We decided to rent a 3/4 (Ford and Ram), purpose for towing from Enterprise. This makes sense for us, and for now, as we only use our rig a total of 5 weeks out of the year - (long weekends from April - Nov). That said, I cannot imagine (no pun intended) pulling this with anything other than a 3/4 ton truck. Due to a "newbie" issue, I went on a 400 mile (644 km) trip from Atlanta to Savanah without using the WDH. For the return trip I learned how to put on the WDH properly and there was a slight difference, obviously for the better. I would not dare try that with a 1/2 ton truck.

Recommendation for you would be to see if you can test drive a 1/2 ton truck and tow to get a sense of how that works for you. I asked a local Ford dealership if they would allow me to test a truck and tow. They said they would allow it, so shop around and ask. I do not think you can rent a 1/2 and tow, although I know a few people who have done this. Enterprise has a truck division, where you can rent and tow with a 3/4 ton truck. By the time you outfit a 1/2 ton truck with what would be needed to tow such a rig, versus what you get as "standard" on a 3/4 ton truck, the price difference may not be as large as you may think. As you have probably read here many times, getting more truck than needed is a good thing, if you can afford it.
    Mitch and Alisa Frank
    2020 Imagine XLS 22 MLE
    2020 RAM 2500 Diesel