Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loveseat replacement

It finally happened, our original loveseat started to peel.
    We are looking to replace it, but I’d like to keep the reclining function and I really like the cup holder as well.
    60” width is about the max width, according to specs our current is 58”

Anyone replaced their OEM loveseat? Thanks!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes it helps to know which RV you have. That said, our Lambright double-reclining loveseat is due to arrive any time. If you search the forum, you'll find many posts on this topic and people have replaced their RV furniture with everything from RecPro (a very recent thread on that) to furniture from a furniture store. As long as it fits and isn't too heavy, you can use whatever you like. Here's a link to what we're getting:

https://www.braddandhall.com/Product...at-12p1119.htm

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We replaced ours with a regular household leather double recliner without a cup holder. We bought it very lightly used, like new off Craigslist for almost nothing. That's always an option if you find the right deal.
    It was under the 60 inch and the back comes off. Even with no back it was a tight squeeze getting it in. But it's comfy and was worth it. If you get a non rv piece be sure to measure both the furniture and the space you have to work with getting it in.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loveseat replacement

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We replaced ours with a regular household leather double recliner without a cup holder. We bought it very lightly used, like new off Craigslist for almost nothing. That's always an option if you find the right deal.
    It was under the 60 inch and the back comes off. Even with no back it was a tight squeeze getting it in. But it's comfy and was worth it. If you get a non rv piece be sure to measure both the furniture and the space you have to work with getting it in.
    We have to be 60” max. Our oem loveseat now is 58 according to Thomas Payne.
    We have the 4 chair dinette that we use very frequently
    I’m trying to upload a Live Photo right now from us at the lake this week, says too big forum max 3mb

We are looking at one from Ashley, 60” and has cup holders that pull out from the front. Pretty much all we can find from the big box stores. I know it sounds silly, but the cup holder is convenient. Especially in these trailers when real estate is a commodity.
    Last edited by the.jmo; 08-11-2022 at 10:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the.jmo View Post
    I’m trying to upload a Live Photo right now from us at the lake this week, says too big forum max 3mb

We are looking at one from Ashley, 60” and has cup holders that pull out from the front. Pretty much all we can find from the big box stores. I know it sounds silly, but the cup holder is convenient. Especially in these trailers when real estate is a commodity.

Can you use a photo app to downsize the pic? Or post it using a remote host.

Which trailer are you in, that may help those responding. To quote one of our favorite moderators "you can create a signature line"
    directions are in post #4 of this thread https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...d-instructions

I get wanting the cup holder. What we ran into shopping the stores is many were to long only by inches but as you know in the RV even an inch matters. Plus shop carefully, many in the stores are the same bonded leather and will peel in time. Be sure if you plan on keeping the trailer more than a couple years to get either a quality heavy vynil or top grain leather . not bonded leather.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the.jmo View Post

I use this website to resize pics. https://www.img2go.com/resize-image
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went a slightly different route. we too wanted to replace our trifold sofa which was uncomfortable as either a sofa or a bed.

We chose to find two separate reclining chairs rather than another attached sofa. The chairs we found off amazon (edit think it was COSTCO) if i recall, fit perfectly into the same location as the sofa allowing the slide to close. We need only pull them away from the wall a little once we are set up. Bonus is they are also swiveling chairs too and were around the same price as a sofa.

I dont have the rig handy to add a pic however.

Mike
    Last edited by ultramafic; 08-17-2022 at 02:33 PM. Reason: correction

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramafic View Post
    We went a slightly different route. we too wanted to replace our trifold sofa which was uncomfortable as either a sofa or a bed.

We chose to find two separate reclining chairs rather than another attached sofa. The chairs we found off amazon if i recall, fit perfectly into the same location as the sofa allowing the slide to close. We need only pull them away from the wall a little once we are set up. Bonus is they are also swiveling chairs too and were around the same price as a sofa.

I dont have the rig handy to add a pic however.

Mike
    We did the same thing with Ekornes Stressless recliners where the sleeper sofa was:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200725_135026 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	42555

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015