User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GE Air Conditioner's very loud?

WE have a 2022 315 RLTS with 2 GE air conditioner's. They are both very very noisy. Are they all like that, or is it a GE thing, is there anything I can do to quiet them down? Thanks.
    2021 GD Reflection 315 RLTS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noisy outside, or noisy air blowing inside?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not kidding. We have GE in our TT and it is very loud. I was looking into those styrofoam RV Air Flow systems that I've seen on YouTube. But after I watched HappilyEverHanks install theirs, I asked if it made a significant difference in quieting the unit, they said it was but not sure how significant. For $170 I would rather be able to confirm that first; ours has no problem with cooling, just noise. Otherwise, we haven't any other ideas yet.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that the RV Airflow is expensive. I bought 2 for my 22 315rlts and I'm very satisfied on how much it quiets down the units along with the improved airflow. I have to warn you they were difficult to put in... very tight!
    The ducts needed to be sealed also.. they don't fit very well. I used metal tape to make a better seal.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgntlk View Post
    I know that the RV Airflow is expensive. I bought 2 for my 22 315rlts and I'm very satisfied on how much it quiets down the units along with the improved airflow. I have to warn you they were difficult to put in... very tight!
    The ducts needed to be sealed also.. they don't fit very well. I used metal tape to make a better seal.
    Huh. So it really did quiet it down a noticeable amount? Can you give any estimate as to how much it cut the noise?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cut down noise by about 1/2.. I can watch TV with the Living area air cond on without any problems.... although I usually try to run the Bedroom unit while watching TV for the extra quiet times.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dgntlk, what brand of AC"s do you have? Ours are noisy inside. I would spend more money to quiet them down, but a person should not have to. For what these things cost you should be able to watch TV or sleep with the AC's running. Thanks for all the replys.

Dave
    2021 GD Reflection 315 RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgntlk View Post
    Cut down noise by about 1/2.. I can watch TV with the Living area air cond on without any problems.... although I usually try to run the Bedroom unit while watching TV for the extra quiet times.
    That's good to know. Might have to think about splurging on one to see if it helps. Thanks!
    Chad

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the GE air cond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put air flow in ourscut noise in hall. Just finished instaling soft start semmes even quiter. Taking ty out next month for 2 weeks, will update after.