User Tag List

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I drain the batteries?

I'm confused. Dropped the 310 off for maintenance last Thursday (so a week). Emptied the residential fridge and made sure everything else was shut off including the inverter but I forgot to turn the fridge off. Figured with the inverter off and no shore power, didn't need to.

Picked it up today and battery level read 13.4V (Victron) or 13.6 (Compass Connect). It's been hot and sunny everyday since and 310 was outside of shop. Can't say what the dealership might or might not have connected.

Drove 20 miles home and connected 110v. Heard the PD fan working overtime and I'm not sure why. The Victron was showing 30amp charge (I'm assuming charge since it was a positive number) and 13.4V in the batteries. Batteries were at 93% per Victron. Nothing but the fridge was on and it was at it's normal 37/0 degrees while the PD fan was humming by the time I checked. I think what I'm seeing is that the solar system kept the fridge going for the week without external power and the PD was just topping off. But first time that PD cooling fan (loud) was ever on.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the inverter was off and the rig was not plugged into shore power, the fridge could not have been running. Off shore power, the fridge requires 120VAC from the inverter (which gets its power from the batteries). Outside, the solar should have kept the batteries charged. What kind of batteries do you have?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inverter was off when I dropped it at the dealership. Didn't think to check when I got home but the fridge took almost no time to get to normal temps after plugging in. After I plugged in, I looked and the inverter was off. It's possible solar panel was out of sun for a couple of days last weekend - last Friday it was partially in a bay while they worked on it. Two BB 100ah batteries. Mostly surprised at how hard the PD converter fan was working - first time I've heard it run.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Inverter was off when I dropped it at the dealership. Didn't think to check when I got home but the fridge took almost no time to get to normal temps after plugging in. After I plugged in, I looked and the inverter was off. It's possible solar panel was out of sun for a couple of days last weekend - last Friday it was partially in a bay while they worked on it. Two BB 100ah batteries. Mostly surprised at how hard the PD converter fan was working - first time I've heard it run.
    Our converter/charger isn't a PD, but the fan will make a fair bit of noise when the power comes back on after a couple of hours. It slows down and stops as the batteries come up to full charge. The charger and fan are just doing their job.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015