User Tag List

Left The Driveway GBMB and DENALI's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Searching for Solar Installer in the NJ/PA Area

Greetings All,

We are new to both Grand Design and the forum. We just purchased our Imagine 2600RB and are on our maiden voyage. So far we love everything about the coach while we are plugged into shore power. We are planning longer trips out west and would like to upgrade our power system to include lithium batteries and some solar on the roof for those days or nights when we're not plugged into shore power.

We live in New Jersey and are looking for a reputable installer. I'm handy but not able to do the work myself at this time. We were referred to one Grand Design Dealer in PA, by Battle Born, who would do the install and also heard from AMSolar. I am not familiar with either the dealer's work or AMSolar so I thought it would be beneficial to ask the forum if they have any knowledge of good and reputable installers in this area.

As for what we're looking to do we would like to be able to keep the 12V refrigerator running without having to use a generator as well as wanting to power the coach for overnight boon docking stops. Potentially we are also looking to be able to do some remote camping, especially out west and would like to have enough power to function without needing the AC to run. We carry a generator and if that was needed we would just use it.

Thanks for any suggestions and referrals. Please let us know if we left out any information.

Greg
    GB, MB and Denali
    2022 Imagine 2600RB - Morryde CRE 3000, 2 Battle Born Gamechanger 3.0 Batteries 540 Amps, 600 Watts Solar
    2019 GMC Denali HD 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GBMB and DENALI View Post
    Greetings All,

We are new to both Grand Design and the forum. We just purchased our Imagine 2600RB and are on our maiden voyage. So far we love everything about the coach while we are plugged into shore power. We are planning longer trips out west and would like to upgrade our power system to include lithium batteries and some solar on the roof for those days or nights when we're not plugged into shore power.

We live in New Jersey and are looking for a reputable installer. I'm handy but not able to do the work myself at this time. We were referred to one Grand Design Dealer in PA, by Battle Born, who would do the install and also heard from AMSolar. I am not familiar with either the dealer's work or AMSolar so I thought it would be beneficial to ask the forum if they have any knowledge of good and reputable installers in this area.

As for what we're looking to do we would like to be able to keep the 12V refrigerator running without having to use a generator as well as wanting to power the coach for overnight boon docking stops. Potentially we are also looking to be able to do some remote camping, especially out west and would like to have enough power to function without needing the AC to run. We carry a generator and if that was needed we would just use it.

Thanks for any suggestions and referrals. Please let us know if we left out any information.

Greg
    Hey @GBMB and DENALI, looks like you're fairly new here, welcome aboard. If it were me, the first thing I'd do is look carefully at what your long-term power needs are going to be. Probably the 12-volt refrigerator will be the biggest regular draw, ours uses close to 100 Ah per day. Then consider how long you will camp "off-grid". When the sun's out, often you may have enough coming in to run things during the day, your batteries will need to cover the night and days when there's not enough sun. Don't overlook the possibility of adding a DC to DC converter to charge things while you're driving. For us, the generator is the thing we hope to use the least.

And then look at what others have done, many of our members have written up their installs. This will give you some idea of how to spec out the system you'd want, post back for more help. Finally, mobile techs are often a good resource. If you have the equipment in hand, many mobile techs could do the installation at your location.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings All,

Greg
    We do them all the time.

We are currently working on a new Momentum 397 lithium and inverter install for a member of this forum.

I would guess that we are the dealer that Battleborn recommended, as we do most of recommended installs.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway GBMB and DENALI's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

We have worked out our installation process and have two questions. We are having the batteries installed under the bed as well as the other components. Does anyone have experience with the noise coming from the inverter fan? My lovely bride is sensitive and we were considering having the convertor installed in the storage area. Also has anyone placed their batteries in the space under the bed and does that floor have to be reinforced?

Thanks.
    GB, MB and Denali
    2022 Imagine 2600RB - Morryde CRE 3000, 2 Battle Born Gamechanger 3.0 Batteries 540 Amps, 600 Watts Solar
    2019 GMC Denali HD 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

We have worked out our installation process and have two questions. We are having the batteries installed under the bed as well as the other components. Does anyone have experience with the noise coming from the inverter fan? My lovely bride is sensitive and we were considering having the convertor installed in the storage area. Also has anyone placed their batteries in the space under the bed and does that floor have to be reinforced?

Thanks.
    The inverter fan on my Renogy 3,000-watt inverter is pretty quiet. It only comes on when there's a fairly high draw. I'm guessing that at night it wouldn't come on very often if at all.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S