User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bye Bye Mesa Ridge 2910 - Hello Reflection 315RLTS

Hi Everyone,

Linda and I have been camping for about four years now. She always wanted to camp - the jury was out with me. One nite camping and it was all over, I was a full convert. We purchased a Highland Ridge Mesa Ridge 2910 travel trailer in 2018. We used that trailer at every opportunity. It's been back and forth from Florida to Michigan three times and a bunch of other places. We've spent over 600 nights in the Mesa Ridge and have really enjoyed our time in it.

Linda and I had been discussing getting a new coach as ours is beginning to show some wear and tear from our time in it. We've been in Maggie Valley, North Carolina camping for the last two months (we still have one more left) and it's been particularly rainy here. Some water found its way into the kitchen side slide floor and pretty much destroyed the last four feet of the floor. Needless to say, after we obtained an estimate for repairing the slide floor, our discussions regarding getting a new coach kicked into high gear.

We started visiting RV dealerships between Asheville and Knoxville and narrowed the list down to just a few possible coaches. We planned to wait until we got back home to buy a new coach, but a dealership in Knoxville made us a deal we couldn't refuse. Interestingly enough, the dealership is one location of a large chain of dealerships - including a location in Tampa where we purchased the Mesa Ridge. Anyway, it looks like we're picking up a new coach on Tuesday (8/16).

The Reflection 315RLTS is pretty much the same as what we have now (slightly heavier), but much higher in quality. We're really excited to move up.

As I'm sure all of you that have owned multiple campers can attest, the learning curve regarding the operation and eccentricities of a new camper is ready to start all over again. Based upon the posts I've read here, this looks like a great place to learn. I'm looking forward to learning everything I can and working through issues (hopefully few) as they arise.
    Don and Linda along with Trixie and Chase the Camping Dogs
    Jacksonville, Florida

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 Duramax Crewcab LTZ
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don and Linda View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Linda and I have been camping for about four years now. She always wanted to camp - the jury was out with me. One nite camping and it was all over, I was a full convert. We purchased a Highland Ridge Mesa Ridge 2910 travel trailer in 2018. We used that trailer at every opportunity. It's been back and forth from Florida to Michigan three times and a bunch of other places. We've spent over 600 nights in the Mesa Ridge and have really enjoyed our time in it.

Linda and I had been discussing getting a new coach as ours is beginning to show some wear and tear from our time in it. We've been in Maggie Valley, North Carolina camping for the last two months (we still have one more left) and it's been particularly rainy here. Some water found its way into the kitchen side slide floor and pretty much destroyed the last four feet of the floor. Needless to say, after we obtained an estimate for repairing the slide floor, our discussions regarding getting a new coach kicked into high gear.

We started visiting RV dealerships between Asheville and Knoxville and narrowed the list down to just a few possible coaches. We planned to wait until we got back home to buy a new coach, but a dealership in Knoxville made us a deal we couldn't refuse. Interestingly enough, the dealership is one location of a large chain of dealerships - including a location in Tampa where we purchased the Mesa Ridge. Anyway, it looks like we're picking up a new coach on Tuesday (8/16).

The Reflection 315RLTS is pretty much the same as what we have now (slightly heavier), but much higher in quality. We're really excited to move up.

As I'm sure all of you that have owned multiple campers can attest, the learning curve regarding the operation and eccentricities of a new camper is ready to start all over again. Based upon the posts I've read here, this looks like a great place to learn. I'm looking forward to learning everything I can and working through issues (hopefully few) as they arise.
    Welcome to the forum Don and Linda and congratulations on your new rig!

We have the same one in 2020 flavor. You will
    Be very happy with it. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to myself or any others here who have gobs of experience and are very willing to help any way they can.

Make sure you do a thorough PDI and make sure everything works before you sign.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don and Linda View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Hey @Don and Linda, welcome to the forum. Sounds like the two of you are experienced campers, but if you need help with the new coach, this is the place to come. Almost certainly one of our members will have your coach and will be willing to share their experience with you.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the group
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE