Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our TT Weight Figures

Trying to understand tag numbers. Our 2600RB has these numbers on the side sticker: 6248 UVW, 7850 GVWR & 1562 Cargo. They don't seem to fully add up by about 40#. I'm a bit fuzzy on the UVW. Is that with a battery? What type? Propane bottle empty?

So far, we have loaded ~783# of stuff into and on the TT, consisting of:

ProPride Hitch 200#
    2 full LP tanks 75#
    Lithium battery 35#
    16 gal water - H2O htr & fresh H2O 130#
    Stuff = tools, grease, oil, sewer, water, power, levelers, wood blocks, kitchen stuff, 1st aide kit, wall pix (fufu), mattress topper, sheets, towels, blankets, toaster, coffee maker, chairs, table, TV, Dish 1000.2, pair of Wally receivers, Progressive, outdoor rug, pillows (lots of pillows), throws, etc, etc, etc

This appears to leave ~780# of remaining capacity for food, canopy, bottled water, camera gear, computer, Sig Sauer, binoculars, etc....

No kids, grandma, or dogs. What have I left out?

After adding in the truck, a full tank (36gal), me & DW, and the weight on the hitch, it appears the truck payload has remaining ~420#. Probably only throw a couple of large comfy recliners in the bed and a kit of fuses totaling ~50#. I'm rather comfortable with a margin of ~400# in the tow vehicle.

I will soon go get the fully loaded rig to the scales 5 miles away to fully sort this out. Right now it looks as if I'm 12-13% on the hitch. Will know for sure after finish loading and weight measurement again.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    Trying to understand tag numbers. Our 2600RB has these numbers on the side sticker: 6248 UVW, 7850 GVWR & 1562 Cargo. They don't seem to fully add up by about 40#. I'm a bit fuzzy on the UVW. Is that with a battery? What type? Propane bottle empty?

So far, we have loaded ~783# of stuff into and on the TT, consisting of:

ProPride Hitch 200#
    2 full LP tanks 75#
    Lithium battery 35#
    16 gal water - H2O htr & fresh H2O 130#
    Stuff = tools, grease, oil, sewer, water, power, levelers, wood blocks, kitchen stuff, 1st aide kit, wall pix (fufu), mattress topper, sheets, towels, blankets, toaster, coffee maker, chairs, table, TV, Dish 1000.2, pair of Wally receivers, Progressive, outdoor rug, pillows (lots of pillows), throws, etc, etc, etc

This appears to leave ~780# of remaining capacity for food, canopy, bottled water, camera gear, computer, Sig Sauer, binoculars, etc....

No kids, grandma, or dogs. What have I left out?

After adding in the truck, a full tank (36gal), me & DW, and the weight on the hitch, it appears the truck payload has remaining ~420#. Probably only throw a couple of large comfy recliners in the bed and a kit of fuses totaling ~50#. I'm rather comfortable with a margin of ~400# in the tow vehicle.

I will soon go get the fully loaded rig to the scales 5 miles away to fully sort this out. Right now it looks as if I'm 12-13% on the hitch. Will know for sure after finish loading and weight measurement again.
    Forget the UVW, that's the rig without battery or lp. Kids, grandma and dogs doesn't factor in the GVWR of the rig unless you really don't like them and plan on having them ride in it. Lol which I doubt.
    Cat scaling the whole setup will give you your true real life numbers. Pack and load up as if your going on a trip. Fresh water in the tank (if you travel that way) and all. You'll need to scale 3 time. 1, TV and tt with wdh engage. 2, TV and tt with wdh disengaged. 3, TV only.
    Then punch these number in an online tow calculator like this one. https://changingears.com/weight-calc...ht-calculator/
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you have done your homework. Please let us know the actual numbers. I did a similar exercise when I got my trailer and ended up like right at the GVWR…lol

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. I did the TV off the dealer lot with the fuel tank topped off and two old farts in the front seat. No fuses, tools or recliner chairs. I'm a bit confused on the weight with the WDH disengaged. What does that tell me that is really helpful? I was planning to get the rig set up as traveling - water as above, full LP tanks and the WDH adjusted to drop the front wheel well back to within 1/2" of unhitched measurement. Plus loaded for camping trip. I'll get 3 numbers. Steer, drive and the pair of trailer axles. A bit of 4th grade math and the hitch weight should come close to the measurement I get with a Shureline unhitched. But then we will see. There were times when our Montana 3791RD 5r had one wheel high weight. Done by RVSafety south of Austin several Decembers in a row. I plan on being very careful with this TT as the TV is not a Ram dually. LOL
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch