User Tag List

Thread: Extra axle hub

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extra axle hub

Ok, I'm a little anal in most things I do.....we just got back from a beautiful trip to Palo Duro TX....many of our trips are to different states.
    I want to carry a spare hub (assembly) in the camper. For all others like myself, what hub did you get? I believe it is a 5.5 pattern....6x5.5, is the 5.5 correct and if so or not, what did you use?

Thanks

Ray

Ps.....Palo Duro TX was beautiful....HOT, but beautiful.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Ok, I'm a little anal in most things I do.....we just got back from a beautiful trip to Palo Duro TX....many of our trips are to different states.
    I want to carry a spare hub (assembly) in the camper. For all others like myself, what hub did you get? I believe it is a 5.5 pattern....6x5.5, is the 5.5 correct and if so or not, what did you use?

Thanks

Ray

Ps.....Palo Duro TX was beautiful....HOT, but beautiful.
    The easiest, quickest, and the one guaranteed to get the correct part is to crawl under the trailer and write down the serial number of the axle. Then go to the Dexter website and find out the exact part number for the spare hub......assuming of course that the axle is a Dexter product. If you need to speak to customer service, they too can/should be able to point you in the right direction to get the exact/correct hub.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    The easiest, quickest, and the one guaranteed to get the correct part is to crawl under the trailer and write down the serial number of the axle. Then go to the Dexter website and find out the exact part number for the spare hub......assuming of course that the axle is a Dexter product. If you need to speak to customer service, they too can/should be able to point you in the right direction to get the exact/correct hub.
    Good advice. Another approach would be to use the GD parts lookup at https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Good advice. Another approach would be to use the GD parts lookup at https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup
    The problem I've found with this approach is that the listings on the GD parts lookup usually only give the GD part number... and it's not the manufacturer's part number.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome idea.
    Thanks X

QUOTE=xrated;442258]The easiest, quickest, and the one guaranteed to get the correct part is to crawl under the trailer and write down the serial number of the axle. Then go to the Dexter website and find out the exact part number for the spare hub......assuming of course that the axle is a Dexter product. If you need to speak to customer service, they too can/should be able to point you in the right direction to get the exact/correct hub.[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Awesome idea.
    Thanks X

QUOTE=xrated;442258]The easiest, quickest, and the one guaranteed to get the correct part is to crawl under the trailer and write down the serial number of the axle. Then go to the Dexter website and find out the exact part number for the spare hub......assuming of course that the axle is a Dexter product. If you need to speak to customer service, they too can/should be able to point you in the right direction to get the exact/correct hub.
    [/QUOTE]

That's how I got my bearings. I emailed Dexter with my axle serial number and got a reply the next day with the part numbers for the bearings. I'm sure they will do the same for the hub.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And once you find out exactly what you have, here is a link to the Dexter axle service and maint. PDF. Lots of great info in there....

https://www.dexteraxle.com/user_area...ice_manual.pdf

I have this downloaded on my computer as a PDF Document in my Grand Design Trailer documents. It's on my home computer and on the laptop that I always take with me when camping or travelling with the trailer.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome Steph and Lise

QUOTE=Ynot4me2;442271][/QUOTE]

That's how I got my bearings. I emailed Dexter with my axle serial number and got a reply the next day with the part numbers for the bearings. I'm sure they will do the same for the hub.[/QUOTE]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    And once you find out exactly what you have, here is a link to the Dexter axle service and maint. PDF. Lots of great info in there....

https://www.dexteraxle.com/user_area...ice_manual.pdf

I have this downloaded on my computer as a PDF Document in my Grand Design Trailer documents. It's on my home computer and on the laptop that I always take with me when camping or travelling with the trailer.

Is that manual in our reference section? If not do you mind if I copy your post and add it?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Is that manual in our reference section? If not do you mind if I copy your post and add it?
    To be honest, I don't know if it's in there or not. I downloaded it when I bought our Momentum back in 2019 and have had it on my computer ever since.....as well as my laptop.

And YES...absolutely add it in the reference section if it isn't in there. There's lots of good info in it. I used it last summer to cross reference and buy all new wheel bearing seals for ours before I repacked them before our 5000+ mile trip out west.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually