User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not missing the point x at all. I fully understand his fridge will never see the light of 120V. My point was that in my setup there is an additional 12V fuse in my inverter panel that will kill the fridge. This fuse placed by GD is in addition to the 12V fuse provided by Dometic. I inferred he could have an additional fuse in his inverter box that supplies 12V to his fridge. Or it may be wired directly to his battery, I don’t think it would be. But I am not at his fridge.

Surely his Furrion ON/OFF switch would render the fridge OFF when OFF is selected. But his first post (assume a male) made it sound like his coach battery switch was OFF and the fridge continued to run. I would have preferred the fridge is killed with the battery disco OFF, but maybe the factory missed something.

So my original point was there may be an additional fuse that GD installed to kill the fridge. It would be easier for that fuse to be pulled if chosen than to open the rear of the fridge and pull the Furrion 15A DC fuse.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I’m not missing the point x at all. I fully understand his fridge will never see the light of 120V. My point was that in my setup there is an additional 12V fuse in my inverter panel that will kill the fridge. This fuse placed by GD is in addition to the 12V fuse provided by Dometic. I inferred he could have an additional fuse in his inverter box that supplies 12V to his fridge. Or it may be wired directly to his battery, I don’t think it would be. But I am not at his fridge.

Surely his Furrion ON/OFF switch would render the fridge OFF when OFF is selected. But his first post (assume a male) made it sound like his coach battery switch was OFF and the fridge continued to run. I would have preferred the fridge is killed with the battery disco OFF, but maybe the factory missed something.

So my original point was there may be an additional fuse that GD installed to kill the fridge. It would be easier for that fuse to be pulled if chosen than to open the rear of the fridge and pull the Furrion 15A DC fuse.
    No where in his post did he even mention an "Inverter". And to further that point, his fridge has absolutely ZERO use for an inverter. I'll take a guess here....he probably doesn't even have an inverter. Why would there be an Inverter in his for anything fridge related? You have totally lost me with the inverter talk in relation to his 12VDC fridge.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the explanation. i understand what GD would like us to do, but I just feel the procedure is not fool proof. I can imagine that I could get tired after the trip and forget to turn the refirg knob off when putting back to storage location and see a dead battery later on. My personal preference is to have the battery disconnect switch can control the refrig power. It also doesn't seem to have any harms/drawbacks of doing that based on all the comments I have seen. (My battery disconnect switch is always ON/closed to provide battery power when in use and OFF/open to protect the battery when in storage). I might leave this as a potential RV project and see what I can get to.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. I am a male. :-) Your understanding is correct that refrig is still ON, even after the battery disco OFF with all the other appliance killed. I don't quite understand what makes refrig be treated differently from other appliances. That's why I first wondered whether refrig is not wired correctly for my rig and would like to check with other folks in the forum. I have an upcoming service appointment and might also ask service tech. If I learn something, I will post an update later.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnzhang View Post
    Yes. I am a male. :-) Your understanding is correct that refrig is still ON, even after the battery disco OFF with all the other appliance killed. I don't quite understand what makes refrig be treated differently from other appliances. That's why I first wondered whether refrig is not wired correctly for my rig and would like to check with other folks in the forum. I have an upcoming service appointment and might also ask service tech. If I learn something, I will post an update later.
    When I redid my batteries this past spring and built a LiFePO battery from 4 LFP cells, I added a true battery disconnect switch. The Pos pole of the battery has a 300A fuse on it and off of that the cable goes to a Blue Seas 300A switch. When that is off, the entire 12VDC system is dead in my trailer. I don't need the breakaway switch when it's parked, I don't need the smoke or CO2 detector when I'm parked and not in it, and I don't need any unnecessary drain on the battery.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, everyone... besides getting a bit off-track, several of the replies come across as argumentative. Let's remember the forum's "be nice" rule and think about how we express things.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @johnzhang -

As this thread gets longer, here are a few tips for helping to keep threads more organized and helping people know to whom you are responding:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    When I redid my batteries this past spring and built a LiFePO battery from 4 LFP cells, I added a true battery disconnect switch. The Pos pole of the battery has a 300A fuse on it and off of that the cable goes to a Blue Seas 300A switch. When that is off, the entire 12VDC system is dead in my trailer. I don't need the breakaway switch when it's parked, I don't need the smoke or CO2 detector when I'm parked and not in it, and I don't need any unnecessary drain on the battery.
    It seemed I didn't reply with quote in some previous replies, as I am new to this forum. Now I get it. This seems a good alternative for my potential modification. I can easily access the battery cable in the front compartment and add a switch like you had. That way I don't need to figure out wiring among all those messy wires bundled together.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    @johnzhang -

As this thread gets longer, here are a few tips for helping to keep threads more organized and helping people know to whom you are responding:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    Thank you for the tips, @Second Chance! I am new to the forum and still in learning mode. :-)
    2022 F250 SRW Lariat 7.3L GAS V8
    2022 Reflection 295RL
    Start RVing in 2021

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seemed I didn't reply with quote in some previous replies, as I am new to this forum. Now I get it. This seems a good alternative for my potential modification. I can easily access the battery cable in the front compartment and add a switch like you had. That way I don't need to figure out wiring among all those messy wires bundled together.
    Here is a pic of the switch that I installed. The incoming cable is directly from the Pos. terminal fuse. The outgoing cable feeds up to my buss bar. If that switch is off, nothing 12V in the trailer.....unless I am plugged into shore power and the converter/charger is outputting 12V.....

2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast