User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 337 rls slide failed

We have 2022 Reflection 337 rls that the kitchen entertainment slide has quit for the second time. It quit before our first trip, out about a foot and wouldn’t move in or out. The dealer made a appointment to fix it but before we could move it I had to get the slide in so I opened up from below and found that the actuator mounting brackets were twisted. I bent them back so it would close and took pictures of the problem . Took it to the dealership told them what happened and showed and sent them the pictures, they adjusted the slide said it was working fine but didn’t replace any of the rebent brackets. Took it out yesterday to camp 5 days setting up and it happened again, couldn’t put the slide out. I researched this trailer thinking it was one of the better brands but am very disappointed with the lack of concern and workmanship of the dealer who is 4 1/2 hours away. Not sure what to do next. This is only the 3rd time it has been used and a total of 8 days camping. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That slide is a Lippert/LCI slide (as is the chassis) and is common to 90% of the RVs on the market - nothing to do with Grand Design. We spent 4-1/2 years full-time in a Reflection 337 and had zero issues with the slides or chassis. I would recommend you call GD customer service, tell them what's going on, and get them to authorize a mobile tech. If you can't get satisfaction with the person who answers the phone, ask to speak with a supervisor and go up the chain. You can also call Lippert customer service - they are extremely responsive and helpful. A dealer who's not working with me or is that far away would be my last choice.

I'm sure other experienced owners will chime in here with some good advice.

Just so you'll know - this forum is not associated with Grand Design and, as far as we know, no one from Grand Design monitors this forum.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    That slide is a Lippert/LCI slide (as is the chassis) and is common to 90% of the RVs on the market - nothing to do with Grand Design. We spent 4-1/2 years full-time in a Reflection 337 and had zero issues with the slides or chassis. I would recommend you call GD customer service, tell them what's going on, and get them to authorize a mobile tech. If you can't get satisfaction with the person who answers the phone, ask to speak with a supervisor and go up the chain. You can also call Lippert customer service - they are extremely responsive and helpful. A dealer who's not working with me or is that far away would be my last choice.

I'm sure other experienced owners will chime in here with some good advice.

Just so you'll know - this forum is not associated with Grand Design and, as far as we know, no one from Grand Design monitors this forum.

Rob
    @Second Chance has given you good advice. This is a problem to take up with GD and Lippert. It's really too bad that your dealer didn't care enough to really fix the problem while you had the rig there. But now at least you know who's on your side. This forum is a great place to get the support you need. And once you know what's needed, a mobile tech can often be the best bet for repairs you can't do yourself.

BTW, it looks like this is your first post. Sorry it took such an unsatisfactory experience to get you posting, but welcome aboard.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group. As Rob and Stephen mentioned, call GD and get autorisation for a mobile tech. After 2 visits to my dealer to get our slide fix with no luck GD coveted a mobile tech who was able to identify the problem and fix it.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here's what has happened since my last post, on the last day of my of the trip that my slide broke the air conditioner quit working. Its a Coleman mach the fan was still running but not the compressor. also on the way there the fridge doors opened up with a jar of pickles braking with juice all over the floor. So on the way home we stopped at a dealer closer to home [3/4 hour away] who was willing to repair the slide and the recliner chairs and fridge which both were missing mounting brackets to keep them from moving during transport. Also we were told that the fridge should of had a plastic bracket to keep the doors closed during transport, something that the dealer I purchased it from did not tell us.So since we didn't buy it from the dealer close to home we have to pay for all the repairs and try to get reimbursed from Grand Design . Still trying to keep a positive attitude but disappointed with issues on this brand new trailer.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have not yet contacted Grand Design, you should. Clara then in the am explain what has happen and your previous interactions with the dealer to correct. Get a case number from and an approval forum dealer you took it to most recently. Let us know how it goes.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by farmoir View Post
    We have 2022 Reflection 337 rls that the kitchen entertainment slide has quit for the second time. It quit before our first trip, out about a foot and wouldn’t move in or out. The dealer made a appointment to fix it but before we could move it I had to get the slide in so I opened up from below and found that the actuator mounting brackets were twisted. I bent them back so it would close and took pictures of the problem . Took it to the dealership told them what happened and showed and sent them the pictures, they adjusted the slide said it was working fine but didn’t replace any of the rebent brackets. Took it out yesterday to camp 5 days setting up and it happened again, couldn’t put the slide out. I researched this trailer thinking it was one of the better brands but am very disappointed with the lack of concern and workmanship of the dealer who is 4 1/2 hours away. Not sure what to do next. This is only the 3rd time it has been used and a total of 8 days camping. VERY DISAPPOINTED.
    Sorry to hear about your problem. I also have a 337RLS and no issue with slides.
    Would you mind posting the photos so we can see it.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS