User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murbot View Post
    Hi,
    I have a 2018 Imagine 2800BH that we got about 3 months ago in January. I've had it plugged in at home with the long cord coming out of the RV to the surge protector to the 30 to 15 amp dogbone to a 15 amp home outlet. The battery shows the 3rd light at 2/3 charge at home, but 100% on a 30amp at a campground. At home, the outlets don't work, but they do on the 30amp at the campground. Haven't tested the A/C at home (it's covered due to trees).
    I don't really have a problem. Just curious if this is by design that the outlets don't work and the battery doesn't show a full charge when using a 15amp connection?

Thanks !!
    -Steve
    That doesn't sound correct at all, I'd probably start with the dog bone adapter as the problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok. Thanks.
    I ordered a new DB yesterday that arrives tomorrow (Friday). If that fails, I'll install a 30amp line at the back corner. It's near the box and I'm planning to do it this summer sometime anyway.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that 15A outlet a GFCI that tripped? Do you have an outlet tester?

A functioning 15/20A outlet will run anything in the camper up to the current limits, don't forget the current use in the house for other outlets on that circuit.

The fridge and charging the batteries should not be an issue. You may get one of these to work but not guaranteed, AC, microwave, water heater, fireplace etc.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murbot View Post
    Hi,
    I have a 2018 Imagine 2800BH that we got about 3 months ago in January. I've had it plugged in at home with the long cord coming out of the RV to the surge protector to the 30 to 15 amp dogbone to a 15 amp home outlet. The battery shows the 3rd light at 2/3 charge at home, but 100% on a 30amp at a campground. At home, the outlets don't work, but they do on the 30amp at the campground. Haven't tested the A/C at home (it's covered due to trees).
    I don't really have a problem. Just curious if this is by design that the outlets don't work and the battery doesn't show a full charge when using a 15amp connection?

Thanks !!
    -Steve
    Sounds almost like it's not connected at all and you are running off of battery. Does the TV work?
    2021 Imagine 2600RB + 2022 Duramax Tahoe RST (previous 2017 MBZ GLS450 burnt to the ground, resulting in destroyed garage and house contents a total loss due to smoke damage)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's working now.
    The battery was completely dead today. The battery didn't die last week even when I tested leaving lights on overnight. It had the same power level the next day after that test, but was dead today with everything already in the off position.
    The 30amp breaker was tripped when I checked today. Could've been tripped by storms yesterday. Tried resetting it last week, but it was fine. It was all the way to the right as it should be last week. Today, it was in the middle and clearly reset when I flipped it back and forth. After this, the GFCI outlet (the only one with a reset button) had an amber light that wasn't there last week. After resetting the 30amp breaker, then the GFCI, all power returned.

I've tested with the old and new dogbones and both work fine now. The mostly likely thing is probably something I did wrong as an RV newbie, but don't yet know what that was. I've done enough electric work that I usually know what I'm doing, but RV's are different so I'll be paying close attention to it.

Do I need to do anything about the battery because it is\was dead? Is it safe to allow it to charge? Should I be checking the cells? It was full and at a 100% last weekend.

The RV's been plugged in for 10 minutes since the power returned.

Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12