User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'll jump in here though we are pulling a different trailer model with a 1/2 ton and a Blue Ox hitch.

As stated earlier we use the 1000lb bars. we also use the Straptek system rather than the chains. I have those ratcheted up to the "3 dot" indicator on the strap. This returns all but 60 lbs (last CAT Scale reading) to the to the front axle, bringing it very close to the truck front axle loading when just weighing the truck without the trailer. Setting up a Blue Ox hitch takes some work to dial in correctly. I also have air bags on my 1500. They were in place long before I purchased the 22MLE. They were there to compensate for sag I had on the job site. Turns out they help a lot on the RIDE when towing. I do not use them for weight distribution.

I would guess the 750# are too small for your tow.

PS... The Straptek system to replace the chains turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. Install and removal of the bars is very easy with the trailer hitched and in any position.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update -

10th link on the 1000# bars (upgraded from the 750#) and turning off the truck's sway control seems to have done the trick. Hitting interstate speeds with nowhere near the amount of movement I had before.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brilab View Post
    Just an update -

10th link on the 1000# bars (upgraded from the 750#) and turning off the truck's sway control seems to have done the trick. Hitting interstate speeds with nowhere near the amount of movement I had before.
    It is so good to hear about your improvement! Thanks for the update.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12