User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cracking/Popping when leveling

Is it normal to hear cracking & popping while operating the jacks. I’m concerned because I’ve found some cabinet molding separating from the cabinets and some miscellaneous trim pieces coming off. I just bought the camper at the beginning of the season and I’m not impressed with quality of some things. It seems like every time I look at something closely I see some sort of flaw or problem. The camper was only used for a short period of time in 2019 and stored for the rest of the time.
    Last edited by Jazzman442; 08-15-2022 at 07:15 PM.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2017 Ford F-250 6.2L

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman442 View Post
    Is it normal to hear cracking & popping while operating the jacks. I’m concerned because I’ve found some cabinet molding separating from the cabinets and some miscellaneous trim pieces coming off. I just bought the camper at the beginning of the season and I’m not impressed with quality of some things. It seems like every time I look at something closely I see some sort of flaw or problem. The camper was only used for a short period of time in 2019 and stored for the rest of the time.
    I have some creaking and other noises as well when leveling. I know its time to grease the wet bolts on the axles which will helps with the axle noises. You need to grease the wet bolts every 3000 miles or 5000 km. I also have trim coming off and only had our 378MBS for 3 months. Mine is still under warranty so dealer is fixing it. After that I will glue the trim when it comes off and not worry about it again.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I have some creaking and other noises as well when leveling. I know its time to grease the wet bolts on the axles which will helps with the axle noises. You need to grease the wet bolts every 3000 miles or 5000 km. I also have trim coming off and only had our 378MBS for 3 months. Mine is still under warranty so dealer is fixing it. After that I will glue the trim when it comes off and not worry about it again.

Rob
    @Calbar I wasn’t aware that I had to grease the wet bolts. I’ll definitely look into this tomorrow. I want to make sure I do all the required maintenance so it last along time. Thanks
    Last edited by Jazzman442; 08-16-2022 at 07:44 AM.
    2017 Ford F-250 6.2L

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wet bolts usually come with brass bushings that need to be greased periodically. It's a good idea to check them to make sure they will take grease. It's not unheard of to be unable to grease one, due to several issues: grease holes not finished, weight of the trailer on the grease hole, or plugged grease passage. Good to check and fix the issue if you wish.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Wet bolts usually come with brass bushings that need to be greased periodically. It's a good idea to check them to make sure they will take grease. It's not unheard of to be unable to grease one, due to several issues: grease holes not finished, weight of the trailer on the grease hole, or plugged grease passage. Good to check and fix the issue if you wish.
    @Hoopy Frood That’s good information, I plan on doing it after work so hopefully it goes well. Thanks
    2017 Ford F-250 6.2L

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman442 View Post
    If the popping and cracking is coming from hydraulically operated leveling jacks it is probably Stiction. It is common with hydraulic pistons under load and can be resolved by adding an anti stiction fluid to the hydraulic reservoir. If you do make sure you do it when the levelers are retracted. I.E. attached to your TV, and you have removed the same volume of fluid from the reservoir that you are going to add.

Lippert instructions here: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0002091.pdf
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lovells View Post
    If the popping and cracking is coming from hydraulically operated leveling jacks it is probably Stiction. It is common with hydraulic pistons under load and can be resolved by adding an anti stiction fluid to the hydraulic reservoir. If you do make sure you do it when the levelers are retracted. I.E. attached to your TV, and you have removed the same volume of fluid from the reservoir that you are going to add.

Lippert instructions here: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0002091.pdf
    Solitude S-Class like the Op has have electric jacks like the Reflection line not like our full Solitudes with the hydraulic.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Solitude S-Class like the Op has have electric jacks like the Reflection line not like our full Solitudes with the hydraulic.

Rob
    Oops my mistake. Sorry for the disinformation.
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@The_Lovells Thanks for the input but I have Electric Jacks.
    2017 Ford F-250 6.2L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops my mistake. Sorry for the disinformation.
    @The_Lovells No need to apologize…Thanks again
    2017 Ford F-250 6.2L

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast