User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Hoopy Frood;442900]Any play in the wetbolts/shackles is too much. They need to be replaced. Depending on the where the play is will determine what needs to be replaced. I would not try to reuse wetbolts that have come loose. IMO wetbolts and shackles should be replaced as a set.

I checked all my wet bolts and had one that would not take grease. Took it apart and found junk inside the hole plugging the wet bolt. Brass bushing was also worn out due to lack of grease. Replaced the bushing, clean the junk out of the wet bolt hole and put it all back together. Takes grease now and works just fine.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, sounds like you got it covered. I've got to start on mine when the springs get here, hopefully next week.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarry1834 View Post
    I attempted to lube the wet bolts on my 2014 Solitude 305RE back in 2016. I couldn't pump grease into most of them. Replaced the grease fittings hoping that would solve the problem. Still no luck on pumping grease. I decided to go with the Roadmaster comfort ride shocks and slipper springs. Only four bushings are used and they claim they are lubricated for the lifetime. I notice my fifth wheel doesn't bounce or chuck like it use to. Recently traveled 101 in California and Oregon this summer. Many slide and washout repairs on this highway cause a lot of bouncing and chucking. Something to check out if you plan to keep your RV for a while. The following website shows a video of the suspension in action.
    https://www.roadmasterinc.com/produc...mfort_ride.php
    Interesting. I may have to upgrade to this.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a PSA: If you install wet bolts, make sure before you install them that the grease holes allow grease to flow. I was checking the Dexter EZ-Flex kit with wet bolts, and found 1 bolt that would not allow grease to pass. The cross hole wasn't drilled deep enough and didn't connect up with the grease passage. Took a couple seconds to drill out the hole, but it surely would have been frustrating if I'd installed the bolts before I found out it was no good.
    Howard and Peggy

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post

Mike
    I'd seriously thought about the Roadmaster system, but more money, and lots more work, than I wanted to do. So I went with the EZ-Flex equalizers and wet bolt kit, with 4,000 lb. spring upgrade. Still a fair amount of work, but not as bad as the Roadmaster system.
    Howard and Peggy

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post

Mike
    The Roadmaster kits are available on Amazon. You might save by buying directly from Roadmaster. I paid to have mine installed. They welded the center spring box to the frame rather than bolting it on. If you are fairly young and have the tools and expertise you can do it yourself. I also had to have the bent front axle replaced. It was causing uneven tire wear.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    On our 2020 solitude front living room, about 43', it came with plastic bushings for the wet bolts. And 6 of the wet bolts would not accept grease because the bolts were clocked wrong. Even after the dealer tried fixing it we could not get grease in them. We had multiple Trims falling off every trip so I ended putting screws in them because the Brad nails just could not hold up the trim's. And the barn doors that separated the master bedroom from the living area as well as the master bedroom from the master bath both fell off and broke into about a dozen pieces each. Fortunately I was able to glue those back together and made it so the door could not hop off the track anymore. From our experience from owning a couple of grand designs our 2016 reflection was great with no problems and are 2020 solitude that cost twice as much was a piece of junk. Out of the 2 years we owned it, it spent approximately 13 months in the shop. We ended up dumping it and taking a little bit of a loss and went with another brand this year.
    @[email protected] That’s disappointing to hear. What Brand did you go with? We really like the layout of our camper, so I’m hoping we can keep it and it last. I must say that the quality is not what we expected.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2017 Ford F-250 6.2L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarry1834 View Post
    I attempted to lube the wet bolts on my 2014 Solitude 305RE back in 2016. I couldn't pump grease into most of them. Replaced the grease fittings hoping that would solve the problem. Still no luck on pumping grease. I decided to go with the Roadmaster comfort ride shocks and slipper springs. Only four bushings are used and they claim they are lubricated for the lifetime. I notice my fifth wheel doesn't bounce or chuck like it use to. Recently traveled 101 in California and Oregon this summer. Many slide and washout repairs on this highway cause a lot of bouncing and chucking. Something to check out if you plan to keep your RV for a while. The following website shows a video of the suspension in action.
    https://www.roadmasterinc.com/produc...mfort_ride.php
    A
    @mbarry1834 I will check it out…Thanks
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2017 Ford F-250 6.2L

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123