User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmclean51 View Post
    It would be easy to do manually. Just use a bucket to transfer drained water from the fuller tank and pour it down the sink with the lower tank level.
    Wait. What? Are you saying to go outside and open my sewer, put a bucket under it, and open the bathroom gray valve? THEN, go inside and dump this down the sink? That would work. Not for me...but it would work.
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pengle View Post
    Wait. What? Are you saying to go outside and open my sewer, put a bucket under it, and open the bathroom gray valve? THEN, go inside and dump this down the sink? That would work. Not for me...but it would work.
    IF that was my only option and I needed this ( I don't) I would look into installing a transfer pump. Flip a switch and let it do the work. No nasty water coming inside.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine has 3 grey tanks.
    Retired U.S. Navy Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Big Horn, CC, 6.7 Cummins
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most kitchen tanks in a TT are higher than the bathroom because the kitchen trap is above the floor whereas the shower is below.
    If you are frequenting campgrounds with no full hookup, get a sewer caddy. I have a 36 gallon caddy and when I cannoy get a full hookup... I run it to the dump station every AM after my wife and daughter shower. Often twice.
    2020 Sierra 2500HD Denali
    Equalizer hitch (used Blue Ox before)
    Reflections 312bhts

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post
    I run it to the dump station every AM after my wife and daughter shower. Often twice.
    Thanks, I feel your pain. Seriously, if I could cut the trips to the dump station by equalizing the tanks, I would. But your point about the kitchen tank being higher makes sense.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, this is way too much trouble for me. LOL

On our unit, the kitchen tank fills up first. If we will there for more than a couple of days when boondocking, we do the dishes in a plastic tub in the sink, and dump the dirty dishwater on the ground (or in the fire pit, since we never have a campfire).

Less trouble than trying to cross balance tanks. Also, you are then putting yourself in the situation of having to dump the black tank last instead of first.
    Last edited by hartcentr; 08-20-2022 at 02:55 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours actually equalled out rather well. In our solitude we had the same issue with 2 Gy tanks as well as 2 black tanks. The black tanks would not equal because one black tank was mounted in the frame almost 2 and a 1/2 inches higher than the other. But the Gray tanks equalled out pretty well. Keep in mind that the sensors on the tanks are junk. If one sensor is mounted about a 1/2 inch lower than the other your readings will be way off. If you're concerned with filling your Gray tanks just leave them both open even when one feels it will go into the other tank no matter what, until both tanks are 100% full

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the diagram shows the bathroom grey tank is much lower than the black and kitchen gray tanks. Also note the black and kitchen gray tanks share the same roof vent line. This feature saved me from a rooftop black tank eruption one day when I got absent minded while flushing the black tank...the black tank overflowed into the kitchen gray tank thru the vent line.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Holding Tanks 2970RL.PNG 
Views:	22 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	42640Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DWV 2970RL.PNG 
Views:	26 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	42641
    Last edited by Spike32; 08-20-2022 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Add Pictures
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post
    Most kitchen tanks in a TT are higher than the bathroom because the kitchen trap is above the floor whereas the shower is below.
    If you are frequenting campgrounds with no full hookup, get a sewer caddy. I have a 36 gallon caddy and when I cannoy get a full hookup... I run it to the dump station every AM after my wife and daughter shower. Often twice.
    It is the hieght of the tanks that matters. Not the traps.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Thanks, I feel your pain. Seriously, if I could cut the trips to the dump station by equalizing the tanks, I would. But your point about the kitchen tank being higher makes sense.
    Our bath tank fills up - we use a lot less water in the kitchen. We like to stay at Harvest Hosts and state parks. But DW and I learned to take 5 minute showers when living on the boat - didn't want to uncoil/coil 250 feet of frozen hoses very often mid-winter. Still, a way to equalize would be a nice feature because I'm not using the grey capacity we have. Last trip, 6 nights and still had fresh water and room in the bath tank - kitchen tank was pretty empty.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast