Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawsitive Camping Life View Post
    We tried it too and no luck.
    What issue did you have?
    2022 Solitude 310GK, Factory option Include, Dual Pane Winders, Slide Toppers, Solar pacakge, Gen Prep, Pull Out Kitchen & Heat Pump
    Cheaters list so far Includes, Snap Pads, 2ea 200ah Smart Heated Lithium Batteries
    2014 Sierra 3500HD Duramax LWB SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    OK, I dare you to test this out! (OK, so not really, I triple dog dare you ) Keep adding to the kitchen tank while watching the shower floor. If your theory is correct, the kitchen tank will fill up. If not you'll start to see some water in the shower (the lowest point on the bathroom side).
    I just might
    2022 Solitude 310GK, Factory option Include, Dual Pane Winders, Slide Toppers, Solar pacakge, Gen Prep, Pull Out Kitchen & Heat Pump
    Cheaters list so far Includes, Snap Pads, 2ea 200ah Smart Heated Lithium Batteries

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at our 310 tonight, since I still have part of the back wall out. The kitchen gray tank is actually just aft of the bathroom gray and black tanks, which are side by side. Never noticed it before. The top of the kitchen gray is several inches above the top of the bathroom gray. It looks like the two gray tanks are different configurations as far as depth/width/length.
    Last edited by LMagelitz; 08-16-2022 at 07:44 PM.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    I looked at our 310 tonight, since I still have part of the back wall out. The kitchen gray tank is actually just aft of the bathroom gray and black tanks, which are side by side. Never noticed it before. The top of the kitchen gray is several inches above the top of the bathroom gray. It looks like the two gray tanks are different configurations as far as depth/width/length.
    Makes perfect sense, it cannot equalize. My concern & I guess I'm gunna try leaving the two gate valves open. Although the bathroom gray shows full any additional bathroom gray water should migrate to the kitchen gray tank. Eventually the kitchen gray display will start indicating such.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale B View Post
    Makes perfect sense, it cannot equalize. My concern & I guess I'm gunna try leaving the two gate valves open. Although the bathroom gray shows full any additional bathroom gray water should migrate to the kitchen gray tank. Eventually the kitchen gray display will start indicating such.
    I think it should migrate there too. The only thing I might be concerned about is how good the seal is where the plumbing enters the top of the bathroom gray. Once the water gets above that level, if it leaks, that would make a mess. It looks like it’s nothing more than a supersized grommet of sorts in the top of the tank. If it was a bulkhead type fitting, it would be fine for sure, but it’s not.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it should migrate there too. The only thing I might be concerned about is how good the seal is where the plumbing enters the top of the bathroom gray. Once the water gets above that level, if it leaks, that would make a mess. It looks like it’s nothing more than a supersized grommet of sorts in the top of the tank. If it was a bulkhead type fitting, it would be fine for sure, but it’s not.
    When I installed another tank using GD parts I did a test of the grommet fitting that is used. It is impressive.If it is installed properly, I would trust it not to leak.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale B View Post

Thinking out loud if the trap for the kitchen sink is above the tank it should equalize.....me thinks
    Here is a picture of how the tanks are configured down below. When I had the coroplast off for a repair I know I wanted to figure out if I could open both gray tanks and utilize 100 gallons of gray capacity for showers. I was on uneven ground at the time so I couldn't just measure to the bottom or top of each tank. I labeled the picture because I figured someone would eventually want to do what I wanted to do. The height of the tanks at the outlet end is about 8 3/4". Seeing all of this I never have filled the bath gray tank to see if ANY of the water would flow into the kitchen gray tank with both valves open and the Valtera Valve closed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6082.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	42544
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pengle View Post
    Here is a picture of how the tanks are configured down below. When I had the coroplast off for a repair I know I wanted to figure out if I could open both gray tanks and utilize 100 gallons of gray capacity for showers. I was on uneven ground at the time so I couldn't just measure to the bottom or top of each tank. I labeled the picture because I figured someone would eventually want to do what I wanted to do. The height of the tanks at the outlet end is about 8 3/4". Seeing all of this I never have filled the bath gray tank to see if ANY of the water would flow into the kitchen gray tank with both valves open and the Valtera Valve closed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6082.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	42544
    Seeing this, it should work fine. I am not a fan of the 1.5" drain, but that in itself is not a problem for tying the tanks together.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent point, you are my eyes! My assumption would be the manufacture wouldn't want any leaks in case of overfilling the holding tank's....only back up into sinks or showers. I've also learned my thought process & the manufacturer are not the same.

Your previous post you mention the top of kitchen gray is several inches above the top of the bathroom gray. Depending on the height dimension of the tanks there should an area of the two tanks that is on the plane depending on the elevation.

Right now my bathroom tank indicates full & the kitchen shows empty, does that make sense based on your visual on the tank elevations?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did an equalize with the kitchen grey tank full and the bath at 1/3. Both settled at 2/3 if you can trust the level readout.
    2022 F350 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 7.3
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2021 F150 SC SB XLT Sport 3.5 EB Max Tow - Sold
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 260RD - Sold

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast