Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A/C noise concern

Just purchased the 2023 Imagine 17MKE. So far love everything about it except the A/C. The problem is that the blower (fan) is very loud. I've had several trailers and this is the worst noise I've experienced. The compressor noise is normal, it is just the rush of air from the blower that is so loud - even turned to Low Fan. Has anyone else had this issue?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the AC the 15K model? And it is it factory equipped with the RV Airflo?

A 15K in a smaller coach can be rather loud. Our 13.5K in our MLE is acceptable but you know it is on.
    Randy and Kris

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a 13.5K

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t believe Imagine gets an RV Airflow as an original option, but I could be completely wrong! I don’t believe we get “Racetrack” ducting, either.

I’d pull that cover off and slap in an RV Airflow. It might make it a little quieter, and should also reduce the cycle times…

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't mention what brand the AC unit is. But what others have said, and just to confirm, yep, these puppies can be very loud. There's another thread running on the same topic (not sure how to link it here though). That thread is specifically on the GE unit.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even with Airflow (and being less noisy than without), RV AC units are noisy especially with lower ceilings, small rooms, even forcing the air now through duct work with small ceiling vents.

IMO, the loudness is like placing strategically placed ceiling speakers and being a bit louder when closer and under such speakers/vents.

Our old '93 Jayco was extremely loud, but, noise is a bliss when its 90+ outside and you dont want to be hot inside your trailer.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has not been back since 8/16.

Our Imagine MLE has the RV airflow and racetrack. Can’t speak for the bit smaller MKE but it is standard on some or most Imagines.
    Randy and Kris

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Has not been back since 8/16.

Our Imagine MLE has the RV airflow and racetrack. Can’t speak for the bit smaller MKE but it is standard on some or most Imagines.

Interesting! I can’t figure out how to add a photo, but will share this link to GD’s site.
    https://www.granddesignrv.com/why-gdrv/construction
    They’re saying only in Reflection, Solitude, and Momentum. I know we have ducting in our Imagines, but assumed it’s a more traditional layout with some simple ducts that just go to the front and dead end rather than looping back around and making a big oval.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was all ready to order the RV Airflow when we took delivery in December of 20. Took the cover down and there she was. Owners manual in our GD briefcase as well.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our first camper had a Dometic A/C and it was so loud we had to increase TV/radio/talking volume a considerable amount each time it kicked on. Our current camper has Coleman A/C and they are very much quieter.
    Quietest I have seen (heard) was in a friends 5er, don't remember the brand, but it did not have the big square A/C unit showing in the ceiling, there were multiple vents and returns scattered about the ceiling and whisper quiet.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast