Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littleapple View Post
    Just purchased the 2023 Imagine 17MKE. So far love everything about it except the A/C. The problem is that the blower (fan) is very loud. I've had several trailers and this is the worst noise I've experienced. The compressor noise is normal, it is just the rush of air from the blower that is so loud - even turned to Low Fan. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Not sure if you’re talking blower noise from fan or something else. Both our Coleman’s were pretty quiet for the first year. Recently the living room unit (has factory installed RV Airflow) got noisier. I called Coleman & they recommended I take it to a dealer. I went to National Refrigeration in Shipshewanee IN. The bearings in the blower fan were going bad. If tech pushed down on motor it got quieter. He replaced the motor & all is back to normal.

Your situation might be completely different.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    Not sure if you’re talking blower noise from fan or something else. Both our Coleman’s were pretty quiet for the first year. Recently the living room unit (has factory installed RV Airflow) got noisier. I called Coleman & they recommended I take it to a dealer. I went to National Refrigeration in Shipshewanee IN. The bearings in the blower fan were going bad. If tech pushed down on motor it got quieter. He replaced the motor & all is back to normal.

Your situation might be completely different.
    It's the fan noise - rushing/blowing air. The plenum box is just poorly designed and creates a large amount of air noise between the fan and before the air enters the ductwork. It appears that some owners have been able to achieve some noise reduction success by using an aftermarket noise silencer kit or constructing an insert that is fairly simple to build.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Dometic A/C was very loud also so I did install RV Airflow and that did help, but I also found a product called R/V A/C Silencer. It changes out the inside ceiling trim and is much quieter. By the way, starting in 2020 all Imagine XLS and up came with RV Airflow systems, if they had a Coleman A/C.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littleapple View Post
    Just purchased the 2023 Imagine 17MKE. So far love everything about it except the A/C. The problem is that the blower (fan) is very loud. I've had several trailers and this is the worst noise I've experienced. The compressor noise is normal, it is just the rush of air from the blower that is so loud - even turned to Low Fan. Has anyone else had this issue?
    An RV Airflow does help with the sound. Grand Designs includes them on some ACs, but they did not remove the diverter plate from my AC, which is important for the installation of an RV Airflow. It’s the plastic plate just under the AC cover. Check out Rv airflow install videos, and you will see what I mean. If you have the same issue, removing it will help with the sound, and make the Airflow more effective.

Also, in my RV I found a couple of the vents blocked by the round piece of wood they cut to create the vent. Someone was too lazy to actually pull out that piece.
    I’m not sure how much it will help with sound at the AC, but unrestricting the air flow typically quiets thing down.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    ...And it is it factory equipped with the RV Airflo?....
    That was the biggest difference in our Solitude... Our 379FL has the bedroom in the back. There is a Dometic AC with heat pump. directly over our heads. My wife would never let me run the rear AC at night while 'trying' to sleep.

We went to the Coldwater, Michigan Rally in 2021. We ended up sharing a table with a RV Airflow husband and wife rep team. We saw the presentation and then looked it up on Youtube. The flow numbers don't lie. We bought one for the front unit (no heat pump) but found that I had to modify a couple of dimensional things because ours was one model year older then the minimum. I had to drill out a handful of micro spot welds and then pop-rivet it back together 1 inch further forward. All good.

We loved the gain in air volume and the decrease in noise so much that we bought another on for the rear unit. I had to make a similar mod to to this one but what really got us excited is that the noise level dropped by 25-33%! Sleeping with the rear AC over our heads is very doable now.

We are very satisfied with our decision to purchase RV Airflow...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12