User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Nope.

Last I talked to him about it, they were still trying to figure out what works the best.

I have no idea what Changing Lanes has in their unit.
    I just went to the Volta website and it looks like they will be using Nickel Manganese Cobalt lithium ion cells. I do remember hearing Chad state that the Volta unit in their new 410TH will be an 18Kw rated unit with two built in 3200W PSW inverters....plus the Volta alternator charging source for the truck. Apparently, Grand Design will offer three choices in the Volta system....the 18Kw, then two smaller versions, but I can remember the size rating on those.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really interested in the alternator/truck charging system. We always run our AC when we travel, which means we always run the generator; I'd love it if I could just pull that power from the truck instead.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well I got to admit after watching the latest video from Changing Lanes, they answered most of the issues that people identified. Only item that still I'm curious on is the couch and how it will (or if) change.

I'm actually surprised how large the mid section is once they loaded it up with people, the video just does not do it justice.

So far I still like it!
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to see the 410 in person, I love the basement, but overall, it's just ok. They had a couple of notes, they are making the pantry bigger on the production model and the aluminum studs in the middle of the big storage area will be removed.

I did ask about the Volta system. You can order it on new orders. I forget the power rating, but on the highest capacity system, it will be $25k for the upgrade...I'll stick with the generator or a good solar setup/battery bank and inverter setup.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I like it. I would like to see a few options/changes though:

1) IS from the factory
    2) 17.5" tires
    3) Booth dinette instead of table/chairs. The Luxe has this and we love it, drawers under the seating, no chairs flying around, and far more comfortable
    4) Diesel generator option
    5) DELETE Step Above. OMG, I cannot tell you how much we hate StepAbove. All the dirt that goes into the RV every time you pick it up. Can't get it down in a truck stop. Takes time to level every time we want to go in to use the bathroom traveling. It's a nightmare, please, please, give a delete option!!
    6) GenY hitch from the factory

Overall, it's got our attention. We were pretty settled on Luxe as our next RV, but this has us really considering staying with GD.
    I would think we are only a couple years from the IS being standard or optional on GD. I agree on the diesel generator option. Much easier to fill the tank at truck stops when you are filling your truck. Plus you don't have gumming issues from fuel sitting. 100% agree on the steps. I am glad I have fold out steps. There's times I can't extend my steps, but I can get them out enough that I can still get in the camper.

Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    So far, the customer still has to coordinate IS from MorRyde, as they are 12-18 months out on installs.

The Volta system that is still in development, has proven to be pretty unreliable when operating the hydraulic systems. I had a conversation with Jerry McCarthy, who is the head of GD Sevice/Warranty about it. This social media "influencer" build is a one off to do some testing on the system.
    I was scheduled 8 months out and they had so many cancellations that I was able to get in 2.5 months.
    2020 GD 320G
    2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What size of truck is required to safely tow this beast?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Poly View Post
    What size of truck is required to safely tow this beast?
    In one word, "Dual-eee".

Any modern truck with dual rear wheels, F350/450, GMC 3500, etc will tow this fine.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    In one word, "Dual-eee".

Any modern truck with dual rear wheels, F350/450, GMC 3500, etc will tow this fine.
    If GVWR is over 20,000 lbs, wouldn’t that push it from a F350 to F450/F550?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you were to refer to the people that think you need X buffer over the holy yellow sticker, my F450 can safely haul much less than a F350, maybe even my F250.
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Poly View Post
    If GVWR is over 20,000 lbs, wouldn’t that push it from a F350 to F450/F550?
    The F350 DRW, depending on configuration, can tow a trailer up to ~30K lbs (with the diesel). An F450 will tow it as well and will give you the heavier (19.5) tires and better turning radius (wide track front end), but both are capable of towing this rig well within their rated capacity. You still have over 10K of unused capacity on a F350 DRW diesel.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast