Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch spec requirements for 313RLTS

Has anyone actually weighed their 313RLTS and compared the results to the hitch on their TV?

I believe my Tongue Weight is going to be in the neighborhood of 1700 pounds. My factory class V factory hitch is rated ad 1500 pounds.

I see there a class V hitches with higher ratings? Just curious what the hitch specs are on your TV's for those of you with 313RLTS.

Anyone have a specific hitch they are using with the higher capacities needed by this tongue-heavy unit.

Thanks,
    David
    ParTimCmpr
    Part time camper - full time Bluegrass Music Fan

2015 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison:)

james quinn
    David,

My 313 had a tongue weight from the factory of 1278 (not including battery and propane). My trailer did however have the extra grey tank to address the lovely design flaw you signature with, and I have a second a/c. Puts it at about 1450# tongue when I add battery and full propane.

Be careful with your hitch. Not sure what your tow vehicle is but the hitch may have a greater rating than the TV. Mine for example is 11,500/1150 but the truck is rated 11300/1130 and these are all with WD hitch.

JimQ

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My TV is a Chevy 2500HD/Duramax-Allison. I plan to get better weight info at a CAT scale in the future. I will post what I find.
    ParTimCmpr
    Part time camper - full time Bluegrass Music Fan

2015 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison:)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know where the drain valve is for the 2nd grey water tank? I could only find one in the storage compartment on my 313RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look on the underside behind the sewer pipe outlet...
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a new 313 owner and the welds from the tongue to the frame have me concerned. They have poor fusion, voids and drips in all of the visible welds. Is this common or did I get the new guy training on my trailer?

And my trailer added just over 1,600 lbs to my truck with the fresh water full, the truck rating doesn't worry me but the trailer welds do.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lineguy View Post
    I'm a new 313 owner and the welds from the tongue to the frame have me concerned. They have poor fusion, voids and drips in all of the visible welds. Is this common or did I get the new guy training on my trailer?

And my trailer added just over 1,600 lbs to my truck with the fresh water full, the truck rating doesn't worry me but the trailer welds do.
    Hi Lineguy,

I don't think you are going to get a meaningful opinion from this forum, on your concern.
    This needs to go directly to Lippert. You could contact Grand Design, but they will defer to their frame supplier . . . Lippert. If you get into discussion with Lippert, make sure you keep GD in the loop.

To expedite things, I would suggest that you take lots of pictures and get the opinion of a certified welder.

Good luck . . . and keep us updated !

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS