User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mag knife holder location?

The wife wants a holder and I want it as well to help her declutter the utensil drawer. Would like this location next to the stove. It is in the slide out wall. Knocking on the wall it seems hollow compared to where the gear tracks are for the slide out mechanisms. Anyone have experience on wall thickness? Wiring hidden behind this wall? Those are my two biggest concerns and determine what type of anchors I use.

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0438AC32-A040-41D1-9A8E-C187DB0DB6EA.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	903.2 KB 
ID:	42545
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the spice rack, bet you get some tasty meals.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. We both use it a lot. It worked out great as the stove glass shield is raised it blocks the heat and fumes from the rack. Turmeric gets the most use, for my knees lol.
    Randy and Kris

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the 3 M velcro to attach the knife bar and it has held up great over the years its been there. I do remove all knives off the bar for travel... started removing them after finding a knife standing straight up stuck in the floor. must have been the perfect storm because with the slide in there isn't much space to land.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are two issues with that location. That wall is very thin Luan over a foam core - won't hold screws. If you use something like 3M Command Strips, they'll hold, but if the load is too heavy, you risk pulling off the vinyl covering. We mounted our magnetic knife strip on a wood surface that will hold screws. If you do mount one, be sure and stow the knives in a drawer for travel.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn’t wait and went for it. Nothing but styrofoam. Had to clean out a bit of styrofoam to have the wings of the anchors spread out. It worked out fine. Wall is not very thick, maybe 2”.

Wife is happy and that matters. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	74104FBB-7BCF-46B6-A55A-A1502C72E45C.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	42547
    Randy and Kris

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    There are two issues with that location. That wall is very thin Luan over a foam core - won't hold screws. If you use something like 3M Command Strips, they'll hold, but if the load is too heavy, you risk pulling off the vinyl covering. We mounted our magnetic knife strip on a wood surface that will hold screws. If you do mount one, be sure and stow the knives in a drawer for travel.

Rob
    Thanks Rob. That is exactly what we found, styrofoam. We used some anchors from a clothesline post somewhere in here. They have wings, but you need to remove an area of styrofoam for the wings. Thanks for the help and we always pull almost everything on travel day.
    Randy and Kris

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I used the 3 M velcro to attach the knife bar and it has held up great over the years its been there. I do remove all knives off the bar for travel... started removing them after finding a knife standing straight up stuck in the floor. must have been the perfect storm because with the slide in there isn't much space to land.
    That’s what my ‘Alternate Plan B Bravo’ (name the movie that line is from) would have been. Was a little wary of the vinyl coating pulling from the wall.

You sure Gremlins don’t play in your coach whilst you travel? They are good with knives.
    Randy and Kris

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    That’s what my ‘Alternate Plan B Bravo’ (name the movie that line is from) would have been. Was a little wary of the vinyl coating pulling from the wall.

You sure Gremlins don’t play in your coach whilst you travel? They are good with knives.

If the paper pulls away you can shoot a small amount of adhesive under the paper with a small syringe needle and press . Time depends on the adhesive used.

But ours has held well. I usually have about 5 knives on it plus a pair of kitchen shears. Not moving around with knives in place will minimize the bounce while on the road.

It could have been Gremlins.. they do all kinds of mischivious things. It had to be them who put the wine glass close to the front of the cabinet so when I opened it after a day on the road the the glass would fly out.
    No guess on the movie tho.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aldo Ray as Sgt Muldoon, The Green Berets. ‘we’ll use alternate plan bravo sir?’ To John Wayne, Colonel Kirby.
    Randy and Kris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast