User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry very disappointed in Grand Design

When we bought our RV we chose Grand Design largely because we had heard they excel in terms of warranty service.

My recent experiences have made me regret that decision. Grand Design is deliberately refusing to correct my problem with my slide, even though it is covered by Lippert (I have a copy of the email from Lippert to Grand Design authorizing the repair at Lippert's expense). It looks like even though this slide issue has been acknowledged by Lippert as a warrantable fault which Lippert will pay Grand Design to correct, Grand Design has no interest in helping me. It seems I am going to have to retain an attorney and sue because the RV I bought new and have only used 3 times cannot be used at all and the warranty is apparently useless.

My advice - do NOT rely on good service from Grand Design as a reason to buy their products. You will not be happy if/when you are in need.

Kelly Myers
    Gunnison, Colorado
    [removed phone number, please use PM instead]
    Last edited by xrated; 08-17-2022 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Removed phone number

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Myers View Post
    When we bought our RV we chose Grand Design largely because we had heard they excel in terms of warranty service.

My recent experiences have made me regret that decision. Grand Design is deliberately refusing to correct my problem with my slide, even though it is covered by Lippert (I have a copy of the email from Lippert to Grand Design authorizing the repair at Lippert's expense). It looks like even though this slide issue has been acknowledged by Lippert as a warrantable fault which Lippert will pay Grand Design to correct, Grand Design has no interest in helping me. It seems I am going to have to retain an attorney and sue because the RV I bought new and have only used 3 times cannot be used at all and the warranty is apparently useless.

My advice - do NOT rely on good service from Grand Design as a reason to buy their products. You will not be happy if/when you are in need.

Kelly Myers
    Gunnison, Colorado
    [removed phone number, please use PM instead]
    Hey @Kelly Myers, so sorry to hear about your bad experience with your slide. You don't say which model you have, but quite a few on this forum (we're all GD owners here) have had slide issues at one time or another. At any rate, welcome to the forum. Please let us know how we can help.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure why you would not take it to a servicing dealer and show the email and be done with the repairs? The dealership will do all of the legwork with GD that you are attempting. My recent refrigerator issue was handled by the service manager to GD and I was out of the picture. What do you specifically want GD to do?
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kelly, so are you saying that the dealer is refusing to help you, which should be your first place to get the repair taken care of? Dealers are independent of Grand Design, the company. It's not like buying a Ford, or a Chevy, or whatever brand car/truck where you can take it to any dealer in the US for warranty service. If you are having trouble with the dealer, yes, you definitely need to contact Grand Design, the company, and get them involved. You might also want to let them know about the dealer's refusal to help you, if that in fact is the case.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having my RV serviced at a Jayco dealer because the Grand Design dealer says they are so booked up they won't even make me a service appointment. I am happy with the Jayco dealer's service department. The problem is not complicated. The issue is that Grand Design customer service is doing NOTHING to help me.

Grand Design sent me a Lippert inspection form and had me get the dealer to measure the slide and supply the info on the form. Grand Design specifically approved the independent dealer I found after the Grand Design dealer couldn't help me.

Lippert saw the measurements and authorized a warranty repair at Lippert's expense. I have a copy of that email from Lippert, from 2 weeks ago.

In the 2 weeks since, I have made repeated phone calls and sent emails asking when GD will ship the parts so the dealer and I can schedule my repair.

Grand Design has responded to each phone call with a promise of a phone call from the CSR that has my case. He is not calling me. He is also ignoring my emails.

So, I am in limbo because while Lippert has acknowledged the problem and authorized repair, Grand Design is sitting on it's hands and refusing to communicate to me what, if anything, they will eventually do whenever they decide to get around to it.

I would advise anybody considering an RV purchase to by-pass Grand Design, they don't care about you to even tell you what they're doing about the RV you bought and cannot use because it is broken.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Kelly, so are you saying that the dealer is refusing to help you, which should be your first place to get the repair taken care of? Dealers are independent of Grand Design, the company. It's not like buying a Ford, or a Chevy, or whatever brand car/truck where you can take it to any dealer in the US for warranty service. If you are having trouble with the dealer, yes, you definitely need to contact Grand Design, the company, and get them involved. You might also want to let them know about the dealer's refusal to help you, if that in fact is the case.
    It ain't the dealer that's the problem. It is Grand Design itself.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having my RV serviced at a Jayco dealer because the Grand Design dealer says they are so booked up they won't even make me a service appointment. I am happy with the Jayco dealer's service department. The problem is not complicated. The issue is that Grand Design customer service is doing NOTHING to help me.

Grand Design sent me a Lippert inspection form and had me get the dealer to measure the slide and supply the info on the form. Grand Design specifically approved the independent dealer I found after the Grand Design dealer couldn't help me.

Lippert saw the measurements and authorized a warranty repair at Lippert's expense. I have a copy of that email from Lippert, from 2 weeks ago.

In the 2 weeks since, I have made repeated phone calls and sent emails asking when GD will ship the parts so the dealer and I can schedule my repair.

Grand Design has responded to each phone call with a promise of a phone call from the CSR that has my case. He is not calling me. He is also ignoring my emails.

So, I am in limbo because while Lippert has acknowledged the problem and authorized repair, Grand Design is sitting on it's hands and refusing to communicate to me what, if anything, they will eventually do whenever they decide to get around to it.

I would advise anybody considering an RV purchase to by-pass Grand Design, they don't care about you to even tell you what they're doing about the RV you bought and cannot use because it is broken.
    Have you tried contacting Lippert directly? If they are willing to have a warranty repair done, it might make sense to work with them directly, especially since you already have a location where they could ship the parts.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I’m not sure why you would not take it to a servicing dealer and show the email and be done with the repairs? The dealership will do all of the legwork with GD that you are attempting. My recent refrigerator issue was handled by the service manager to GD and I was out of the picture. What do you specifically want GD to do?
    I did take it to a dealer per Grand Design's instructions. The dealer measured the slide per the Lippert form Grand Design sent us. Lippert approved the warranty repair at Lippert's expense after Grand Design sent them the measurements.

All that needs to happen now is for Grand Design to sip the parts to the dealer. The dealer has agreed to perform the repairs for the amount of $$$ Lippert approved.

But, in the 2 weeks since Lippert approved repairs, I cannot get a single reply from Grand Design (after repeated attempts) to inform me as to if and when they intend to ship parts.

Grand Design is doing nothing to help me with a RV that is useless until repaired.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Have you tried contacting Lippert directly? If they are willing to have a warranty repair done, it might make sense to work with them directly, especially since you already have a location where they could ship the parts.
    Lippert does not owe me warranty. They are a supplier to the RV manufacturer. Warranty has to come from the manufacturer, or not at all.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It ain't the dealer that's the problem. It is Grand Design itself.
    Sorry to hear of the issue with Grand Design. In our most recent experience, Lippert has been more responsive than GD. We had a recent potential frame issue with our rig. Lippert assigned a case number for the issue and worked directly with our servicing dealer to not only provide technical guidance, but also issue payment for the work performed. Perhaps that is the route you will have to take to get the issue resolved and get you out camping in the least amount of time.

Edit: you may have already addressed this with Post #8 .
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 08-17-2022 at 09:55 AM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast