Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    I am trying to find how much weight an F450 will carry
    On paper, less than your 350, In reality more Probably 3-400lbs less if they are similarly equipped
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second Chance -- found out the 350 had perforated holes in three hoses. One was for the turbo which caused the black smoke and little power and two where in coolant lines. As a follow-up, we took off again in January and I slid the 5er into the overhang on our garage and tore off the awning, popped out a window and bent one leveling ram. Tried to get the 5er back around up onto our patio and the 5er got stuck. It stayed there for two weeks but 150# of kitty litter and got it on the patio. It is still sitting there. Truck is stuck in a snow bank . I have tire mats coming Monday so I can try and get the truck into the garage. As to the hoses, one battery had spewed acid out (in the summer - an Interstate) and I'm sure that caused the perforations. I had just bought two new batteries and the company I purchased them from replaced both. They said they have been having problems with the Interstates shorting out so they will not carry them any longer.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second Chance -- found out the 350 had perforated holes in three hoses. One was for the turbo which caused the black smoke and little power and two where in coolant lines. As a follow-up, we took off again in January and I slid the 5er into the overhang on our garage and tore off the awning, popped out a window and bent one leveling ram. Tried to get the 5er back around up onto our patio and the 5er got stuck. It stayed there for two weeks but 150# of kitty litter and got it on the patio. It is still sitting there. Truck is stuck in a snow bank . I have tire mats coming Monday so I can try and get the truck into the garage. As to the hoses, one battery had spewed acid out (in the summer - an Interstate) and I'm sure that caused the perforations. I had just bought two new batteries and the company I purchased them from replaced both. They said they have been having problems with the Interstates shorting out so they will not carry them any longer.
    Dick,

So sorry to read all this. Have you considered contacting one of the networks about getting your own reality show? Maybe you could turn all of your experiences into some income...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather just bitch and moan to you guys.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got the rig back from the dealer. About $11,000 in repairs and some maintenance items I wanted done. Now to wash/wax it and do my projects on it. Getting ready for our southern trip in Oct. (for 5 months) and then a three month stay in Carrie, NC starting in April, 2024. We have got to get out of these Colorado mountains. Last winter just about killed me. We had about 9 feet of snow at our house. Now we have gone over a month without any rain.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    In a year you will be laughing at this time.

Well maybe you won’t but maybe some of us will.

Sorry dude, as they say in Benghazi, Shiite happens.
    [emoji1787]
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our way to the GD rally in Grandy, CO., truck started to heat up. Lost rear hubcap that tire monitor was attached to, tire went flat. Got it fixed in Granby. Enjoyed the Rally. On to Strasburg KOA for family reunion. Truck still heating up. Had the thermostats replaced. After leaving, going up out of Denver, turbo hose blew off. Got it fixed for about 300 ft. Mobile Tech came by and fixed it, he followed us to Evergreen, hose came off before we got there. Tech found metal insert (in engine compartment) that was supposed to go inside hose. he put it in, glued it, clamped it and off we went. Got up Vale Pass, blew a coolant hose. Called Good Same for a tow, 5 hours later, we were towed into Glenwood Springs. This was Friday night. Motel let us park 5er there. Saturday morning, drove truck to Ford dealer, no mechanic on duty. Monday, they fixed two coolant tubes, replaced radiator cap also. Off we went. Just outside Glenwood, rear axle on 5er slipped backwards and trailer tried to lead us. Called Good Sam. 3 hours later tow showed up but could not get our truck (which had a flat tire on the front) and 5er on the flat bed. Tow truck driver was able to slide axle back into position and tighten the U bolts (all this while it was raining hard). He followed us all the way into Grand Junction (at 48 mph, about 80 miles). Fifth wheel trailer is at repair shop, truck is home with repaired wheel. Would have been cheaper to go on a cruise!
    Bummer deal all the way around.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our way to the GD rally in Grandy, CO., truck started to heat up. Lost rear hubcap that tire monitor was attached to, tire went flat. Got it fixed in Granby. Enjoyed the Rally. On to Strasburg KOA for family reunion. Truck still heating up. Had the thermostats replaced. After leaving, going up out of Denver, turbo hose blew off. Got it fixed for about 300 ft. Mobile Tech came by and fixed it, he followed us to Evergreen, hose came off before we got there. Tech found metal insert (in engine compartment) that was supposed to go inside hose. he put it in, glued it, clamped it and off we went. Got up Vale Pass, blew a coolant hose. Called Good Same for a tow, 5 hours later, we were towed into Glenwood Springs. This was Friday night. Motel let us park 5er there. Saturday morning, drove truck to Ford dealer, no mechanic on duty. Monday, they fixed two coolant tubes, replaced radiator cap also. Off we went. Just outside Glenwood, rear axle on 5er slipped backwards and trailer tried to lead us. Called Good Sam. 3 hours later tow showed up but could not get our truck (which had a flat tire on the front) and 5er on the flat bed. Tow truck driver was able to slide axle back into position and tighten the U bolts (all this while it was raining hard). He followed us all the way into Grand Junction (at 48 mph, about 80 miles). Fifth wheel trailer is at repair shop, truck is home with repaired wheel. Would have been cheaper to go on a cruise!
    We were headed up a steep incline known a Horseshoe Bend outside of Eagle, Idaho and our Turbo hose blew off. Drove it to Nampa to my Diesel Mechanic (No longer has the business). He gave me a brand new Turbo Hose and installed it at no charge, and away we went. 2017 we were coming back through Nevada on Highway 80 and my 2004 Ford F-350 6.0L experienced catastrophic engine failure. Thousands and a week later we were on our way again with a practically new built engine. After paying that mess off I made the financial decision to get my rig bulletproofed, and it has been running well since [emoji1694]. Recently put an S&B Cool Air Intake in.

My 2022 TT has been to the dealership for the same leaks Three times. Hopefully they nailed it this time. We also had them put Brass fitting vs. the plastic elbows on the plumbing. LP collars on the hoses were also cracked badly and had to be replaced, so I can only imagine (get it?) your pains. Good luck with your future ventures.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A big thank you to all you wonderful folks here for the great wishes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234