User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad nothing broke when you table came loose not once but twice.
    While I cannot comment on your specific coach, before we got the new 2023 310Gk, we had a Montana High Country that had a table in it that looked just like the picture in the first post. As you mentioned in your post, your table was only screwed to the floor with four screws. So was ours.
    My solution was to make an 'L' bracket out of oak. The longer part of the 'L' was screwed and glued (with silicone) to the wall and the shorter part of the 'L' was screwed and glued underneath the table. The "L" bracket I made was probably 2/3's the width of the table.
    After everything dried the table, anchored to the wall and underneath the table, became solid as a rock.
    Hope what you finally decide what to so works for you.
    J.J.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No issues with the table base coming loose but it did develop a wobble. There is a threaded rod that runs through the table pedestal and sandwiches the top to the base. It had worked it's way loose. I was able to tighten the nut on the bottom of the pedestal and that removed the wobble. To do this I unscrewed the base from the floor. Yep, pretty short screws but I understand why. My table sits on carpet so I was not able to re-use the original holes.

Gluing in hardwood dowels and then pre-drilling new holes in them sounds like a good way to fix the problem.
    I have fixed a lot of doors this way.
    Hopefully the dowels fit snugly in the pre-existing holes. If not you could drill out the holes to whatever diameter dowels you can find and then glue them.

Your challenge will be to make sure you don't drill all the way through the flooring. They make stop collars for drill bits to help prevent that very thing or you could use a scrap piece of wood thick enough to keep the bit from penetrating too deep.

Good luck and I hope you find a solution that works well for you.

Safe travels.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a previous fiver from another manufacturer with the same slide floor setup, flexing included. On that one I made up a couple of 2 x 4 blocks covered with old fabric and slid them under the lip of the slide floor when the slide is retracted. This protected the vinyl flooring and slide bottom fabric. They fit perfect and kept the floor level. This stopped all the flexing. I attached a piece of rope to aid in removing the blocks before extending the slide. That is what I am going to do here, but it will be months before we take a trip where I can see if this stops the table from coming loose. I will measure the current gap from the slide floor to the trailer floor at each end of the slide and use that measurement for the blocks, which will be placed along the front edge of the slide floor when retracted.

Anyone know how long the current table has been provided by GD? It's surprising that more folks haven't had this issue with the table coming loose during transit.
    Tony
    2022 Reflection 337RLS
    2022 Ford F350 6.7

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an update on the table and slide issues. At first Grand Design would not authorize warranty repairs, but Ansley RV, the dealer we bought the trailer from persisted and Grand Design eventually authorized the repairs. The floor in the slide was replaced, which was a major project. The folks at Ansley did a first rate job and all is good. This really emphasizes how important it is to buy from a good dealer that gives good service for what they sell. The one caveat is that Grand Design would only authorize OEM repairs, no modifications. Ansley could not guarantee that the same issue won't happen again. Incidentally, is sounds like this is a problem that is not limited just to Grand Design but is not all that uncommon across manufacturers for slides with a flush floor design. But for now all is good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12