User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does your belly sag?

Wondering how many of you have sagging bellies? (on your trailer) (see what I did there )

Mine seems to be getting lower and lower (it's not wet - maybe heat expansion)

I'm thinking of using some 1/2" angle iron or some other material to go cross-wise to help support it.

Has anyone done anything to try and support the belly covering?

Interested in what may have already been done. Thanks
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

scott42blue
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Wondering how many of you have sagging bellies? (on your trailer) (see what I did there )

Mine seems to be getting lower and lower (it's not wet - maybe heat expansion)

I'm thinking of using some 1/2" angle iron or some other material to go cross-wise to help support it.

Has anyone done anything to try and support the belly covering?

Interested in what may have already been done. Thanks
    JCR
    I think it another one of those " not if but when " issues. Not sure what the material is called but they use it for throw aweigh yard signs. My thinking angle iron or other things will just extend the pain. If I keep this RV I plan on aluminum panels with individual aluminum support strips . Panels will be able to drop individually as repairs are needed each will be coated with closed cell foam that cannot absorb water. Doing this will also make RV several times better insulated. Closed cell foam, aluminum panels and custom made aluminum support strips will not be cheap I expect costs to several thousand and not a job I look forward to.
    If you need to take it down for any reason trying to put it back will only make sagging worse.
    I like JCR would love to hear if anyone has cured this issue.
    Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My belly sags a little but I think proper diet and a fit sit ups will take care of it!
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS #589
    Still working Electrical Engineer
    Rob, Maureen, Dakota, Jacob and Murphy the Lab
    JustinThyme (Just In Time) is a forum handle

notnsuv
    Galvanized chain link fencing? Heehee.. brainstorming, right?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by notnsuv View Post
    Hmmmmm....... yes, brainstorming!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scott42blue View Post
    JCR
    I think it another one of those " not if but when " issues. Not sure what the material is called but they use it for throw aweigh yard signs. My thinking angle iron or other things will just extend the pain. If I keep this RV I plan on aluminum panels with individual aluminum support strips . Panels will be able to drop individually as repairs are needed each will be coated with closed cell foam that cannot absorb water. Doing this will also make RV several times better insulated. Closed cell foam, aluminum panels and custom made aluminum support strips will not be cheap I expect costs to several thousand and not a job I look forward to.
    If you need to take it down for any reason trying to put it back will only make sagging worse.
    I like JCR would love to hear if anyone has cured this issue.
    Scott
    Hi Scott,

I think you should keep it . . . and do this . . . so I can copy what you do.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realized I have "the problem" too. Had to get a new pair of pants today for a wedding this weekend at Custer state park game lodge wedding pavilion and the dreaded sag came into play. I need to take jit's advice and start working it off more than I have. Aluminium braces will not help. Btw-- our 303 belly is looking as fit the day it was spanked in 10/13 !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

scott42blue
    Quote Originally Posted by notnsuv View Post
    My first thought was, no way I am installing fencing to entire bottom of my expensive RV. After thinking about it. Remembered I had some fencing put up on my commercial building a few years ago. It comes in black powder coat with matching powder coat tubes. I think what I had put up was 8 or 10 foot high.
    Hmmm..... makes me think.
    larger sizes and tube supports would make for less panels. Electrical conduit 2 hole straps could make a hinge on one side and make it much easier for one man removal and install. Black powder coat finish would make it maintenance free and appearance tolerable. Any thoughts on this idea would be welcome. Rob jump in any time.
    Scott

james quinn
    material is called coreplast (ie: corrugated plastic).

I think u guys are getting worked up over nothing. If it gets Coopers Droop then put some light angle iron at that spot and call it a day. Chain link would just be a giant fishnet for roadkill and debris, and aluminum underneath is gonna take a beating from the same stuff, not to mention being a colossal waste of money. Save your bucks for the next rig and go fishing or golfing instead of re-inventing the wheel. JMHO.

scott42blue
    Quote Originally Posted by james quinn View Post
    material is called coreplast (ie: corrugated plastic).

I think u guys are getting worked up over nothing. If it gets Coopers Droop then put some light angle iron at that spot and call it a day. Chain link would just be a giant fishnet for roadkill and debris, and aluminum underneath is gonna take a beating from the same stuff, not to mention being a colossal waste of money. Save your bucks for the next rig and go fishing or golfing instead of re-inventing the wheel. JMHO.
    Good thoughts and input. For me I would like to take mine down now to install second set of tank sensors.
    I also know it is a one time off product. It would be nice to put real insulation in belly and have the ability to check for leaks and run additional wires at any time.
    I would also bet aluminium panels or chain link would take a hit and outlast coreplast ( thanks for giving us correct name ) by a long shot.
    Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast