User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dicor over Eternabond? Overkill? NoNo? Safe?

So I did some preventative sealing on the ladder into the roof, a vent and the skylight. Pulled the old lap sealant and went with Eternabond in steps to shed water and a better seal on the ladder.

Is it ok to come behind this tape and do a Dicor leveling on top of the Eternabond?

Should I be confident in the Eternabond?
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could do around the edge but it isn’t necessary

Whatever you add won’t hurt anything so do what you feel best
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    So I did some preventative sealing on the ladder into the roof, a vent and the skylight. Pulled the old lap sealant and went with Eternabond in steps to shed water and a better seal on the ladder.

Is it ok to come behind this tape and do a Dicor leveling on top of the Eternabond?

Should I be confident in the Eternabond?
    Some say to add the extra layer of protection by adding lap sealant. I haven't seen anyone say it's a no-no. I have done an Eternabond-only patch and it held up well. YRMV
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking Grand Design recommended something other than Dicor for sealant due to their roof material.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do and I can say their factory sealant is not as good as the Dicor. I replaced both fans and did a Dicor seal on them. The Dicor looks so much better than the factory. The factory is cracked at points and I will need to pay them a visit soon as well. The Dicor is still crack free and has a nice shape and is stuck onto the membrane quite well.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My vote would be to add some sealant around the edges while you’re up there. Can’t hurt.

Not sure what your roof material is but in our Owners Manual Roof section for our 2020 22mle it says: Please Note: Only Alpha Supplied Sealants should come in contact with the Superflex roof membrane.” It’s printed in ALL CAPS for emphasis.

Above it says to use Alpha Systems 1010 Non-Sag Sealant. I know Camping World, Amazon, Etrailer, etc. sell it.

I see you already replied. Never mind me.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought 4 tubes of the Alpha self-leveling sealant off Ebay a couple weeks ago, lots cheaper than what most of the resellers want for it: $28 for 4 tubes. Haven't gotten any of the non-leveling stuff yet.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that Eternabond recommends sealing the edges of the tape with caulk to help prevent water intrusion over time. I don't know how critical it is, but if it will help with longevity, I'd do it. Not sure how well Dicor would stick to the white slippery top of Eternabond but you could test.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I bought 4 tubes of the Alpha self-leveling sealant off Ebay a couple weeks ago, lots cheaper than what most of the resellers want for it: $28 for 4 tubes. Haven't gotten any of the non-leveling stuff yet.
    That is a good price. I’ve been buying it from Camping World for about $10 per tube when I get by their store in Hanover, PA. Usually keep 2-3 tubes at home.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A while ago Alpha had a big warning out about "gray market" version of their sealants. Apparently some other formula, with a copy of their label slapped over it. Couldn't find any reference to it on their current web site. Who knew that they have been sucked up by Lippert, like every other company, too?

My dealer was unaware of the warning to only use Alpha products. They only use Dicor.

Did spot this under the warranty for their roof, on their web site:

"Although Alpha’s limited warranty is not voided if another manufacturer’s sealants, adhesives, tapes or related products are used on the Alpha Roof Membrane, Alpha retains the right to deny liability for any defects or damages caused by another manufacturer’s products. Alpha recommends that Purchasers and manufacturers use Alpha’s sealants, adhesives, tapes and other related products as Alpha is confident regarding the quality of its products."
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast