Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
A while ago Alpha had a big warning out about "gray market" version of their sealants. Apparently some other formula, with a copy of their label slapped over it. Couldn't find any reference to it on their current web site. Who knew that they have been sucked up by Lippert, like every other company, too?

My dealer was unaware of the warning to only use Alpha products. They only use Dicor.

Did spot this under the warranty for their roof, on their web site:

"Although Alpha’s limited warranty is not voided if another manufacturer’s sealants, adhesives, tapes or related products are used on the Alpha Roof Membrane, Alpha retains the right to deny liability for any defects or damages caused by another manufacturer’s products. Alpha recommends that Purchasers and manufacturers use Alpha’s sealants, adhesives, tapes and other related products as Alpha is confident regarding the quality of its products."
Excellent post. It sure would be hard to defend Alpha as better or best if one looks or sees my roof seals with GD factory sealant (assuming Alpha) and the Dicor I used and took my time using to seal the new fans.

Thanks so much.