Quote Originally Posted by pengle View Post
Darrin from My RV Works has a YouTube channel that I'm sure some of you have visited. I posted the question of "lube or no lube" on his Schwintek video and this was his reply.

"I know that's what Lippert says, and I've had this discussion with them at their schools, but from my experience, having worked on hundreds of these Schwintek systems, what I have found is that the rubber shoe sliding inside of the aluminum track will eventually bind and that causes the gears to mesh a little bit harder and that has caused broken spur teeth, binding, excessive wear, etc. While I love and respect Lippert I will always spray CRC Power Lube with PTFC (TEFLON) lubricant inside that track! I have a box full of the plastic shoes (many of them broken and cracked) that have so much excessive wear due to running in the track dry. So while Lippert engineers and manufactures amazing products, I'm the one that gets called out to fix things when they break. But in the end it's up to you to choose which advice you will follow."
So how would one go about replacing the shoe if needed? Where can one obtain said shoes just in case? Thanks.