User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    My comment doesn’t apply to Schwintek, only to “through frame” type electric and hydraulic mechanisms. The source is Lipperts training video, which I can’t link to. However, you can register to take the course on Lipperts website.
    Very good Rabbit. Thanks.

General comment not directed to anyone specifically: The In Wall Slide Bearing Block has self lubricating coating.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    My comment doesn’t apply to Schwintek, only to “through frame” type electric and hydraulic mechanisms. The source is Lipperts training video, which I can’t link to. However, you can register to take the course on Lipperts website.
    I have watched almost all of those videos. They are very helpful - even the ones that don't apply to my TT directly.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    I have watched almost all of those videos. They are very helpful - even the ones that don't apply to my TT directly.
    I’m an instruction geek (also years in advertising and engineering) so did them all. Helps to understand the systems on our TT.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darrin from My RV Works has a YouTube channel that I'm sure some of you have visited. I posted the question of "lube or no lube" on his Schwintek video and this was his reply.

"I know that's what Lippert says, and I've had this discussion with them at their schools, but from my experience, having worked on hundreds of these Schwintek systems, what I have found is that the rubber shoe sliding inside of the aluminum track will eventually bind and that causes the gears to mesh a little bit harder and that has caused broken spur teeth, binding, excessive wear, etc. While I love and respect Lippert I will always spray CRC Power Lube with PTFC (TEFLON) lubricant inside that track! I have a box full of the plastic shoes (many of them broken and cracked) that have so much excessive wear due to running in the track dry. So while Lippert engineers and manufactures amazing products, I'm the one that gets called out to fix things when they break. But in the end it's up to you to choose which advice you will follow."
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pengle View Post
    Darrin from My RV Works has a YouTube channel that I'm sure some of you have visited. I posted the question of "lube or no lube" on his Schwintek video and this was his reply.

"I know that's what Lippert says, and I've had this discussion with them at their schools, but from my experience, having worked on hundreds of these Schwintek systems, what I have found is that the rubber shoe sliding inside of the aluminum track will eventually bind and that causes the gears to mesh a little bit harder and that has caused broken spur teeth, binding, excessive wear, etc. While I love and respect Lippert I will always spray CRC Power Lube with PTFC (TEFLON) lubricant inside that track! I have a box full of the plastic shoes (many of them broken and cracked) that have so much excessive wear due to running in the track dry. So while Lippert engineers and manufactures amazing products, I'm the one that gets called out to fix things when they break. But in the end it's up to you to choose which advice you will follow."
    Thank you for this post. It is a detailed version of what I’ve read on another GD Forum. Basically, some GD technicians who are in the field fixing things have taken the lube is okay approach.

And I do agree that each of us needs to choose which advice to follow.
    Last edited by Tigger1; 08-22-2022 at 06:10 AM.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    Thank you for this post. It is a detailed version of what I’ve read on another GD Forum. Basically, some GD technicians who are in the field fixing things have taken the lube is okay approach.

And I do agree that each of us needs to choose which advice to follow.
    A very experienced mobile tech said to "not lube at all but (after I pressed him a bit) then said maybe put a very small amount of the CRC lube in the track that the shoe rides in. Extend the slide all the way and put a very small amount of the lube (one minimal squirt) in the track right near side of camper main wall (not slide wall side) and when slide is retracted it will spread the lube across the track. Keep the shoe track (located above the rack teeth) and rack teeth very clean."

I don't lube any part of the system but if I were to add that small dab of lube in the track (located directly above rack teeth) I would seriously clean it first with the Lippert recommended Dawn detergent and wash the track more frequently because the CRC lube will attract dirt and sand, which would increase friction and wear of the low friction material that the plastic shoe is made of. Look at the picture of the shape of the shoe slot in the aluminum rack to see that it takes a bit of effort to clean the semi hidden area. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shoe area.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	42671
    Last edited by TimtheToolMan; 08-23-2022 at 09:08 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TimtheToolMan

Thanks for the feedback and photo.

I’ve followed the instructions from the YouTube video by a Lippert Tech where I spray the coupler and gib with just a squirt, not the rack itself.

The video had been taken down, or at least that’s what I thought. I was able to find it today with some digging around.

I agree 100% the rack needs to be kept clean and free of dirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXw9I_DoAvI
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TimtheToolMan

I’ve followed the instructions from the YouTube video by a Lippert Tech where I spray the coupler and gib with just a squirt, not the rack itself.

The video had been taken down, or at least that’s what I thought. I was able to find it today with some digging around.

Same procedure I have followed. Probably my imagination but it seems to slide in and out smoother when you first lube it. Also try to keep the actual tracks/racks themselfs as clean as I can.
    That stated, I'm going to continue to lube.

PS.. The CRC lube works great on garage doors. Just sayin.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TimtheToolMan

The video was made for older versions of the slide and Lippert has been trying to take it down reference: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...y-jerkey/page3 post 30.

The old slides had compact metal (powdered metal?) coupler while the new is oil impregnated copper per Lippert training videos. First needs additional lube and second is self lubricating.

The bearing block, which slides a small amount on the gib, may have a low friction coating on it but I did not take sufficient steps to confirm this. If I am wrong on this, anyone please correct this sentence.
    Last edited by TimtheToolMan; 08-24-2022 at 10:10 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimtheToolMan View Post
    A very experienced mobile tech said to "not lube at all but (after I pressed him a bit) then said maybe put a very small amount of the CRC lube in the track that the shoe rides in. Extend the slide all the way and put a very small amount of the lube (one minimal squirt) in the track right near side of camper main wall (not slide wall side) and when slide is retracted it will spread the lube across the track. Keep the shoe track (located above the rack teeth) and rack teeth very clean."

I don't lube any part of the system but if I were to add that small dab of lube in the track (located directly above rack teeth) I would seriously clean it first with the Lippert recommended Dawn detergent and wash the track more frequently because the CRC lube will attract dirt and sand, which would increase friction and wear of the low friction material that the plastic shoe is made of. Look at the picture of the shape of the shoe slot in the aluminum rack to see that it takes a bit of effort to clean the semi hidden area. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shoe area.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	42671

I have a GD 349M. I don't have a track like this on my slides. What kind of slide outs do I have? And do I have to lubricate that slide system?

TIA

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast