User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide preventive maintenance

I would like to avoid any slide issues. It is suggested to use a seal conditioner for the seal and a dry lube for the mechanical parts. What is everyone using or doesn't it matter?
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I would like to avoid any slide issues. It is suggested to use a seal conditioner for the seal and a dry lube for the mechanical parts. What is everyone using or doesn't it matter?
    For the seals I’ve been using 303 Protectant spray with good results once a season.

For the mechanical track parts, there seems to be some confusion. Lippert use to recommend using CRC Power Lube spray with PTFE. There was a YouTube video showing how to but it’s been removed. On the other hand, I have read on another forum that Grand Design’s technicians recommend lubing.

That being said, I’ve been using the CRC Power Lube twice per season and to me, the slide moves easier after lubing. Just my observation and experience though.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Armor All Tire Foam for the 3 seals, I raise the seal and insure a bit gets into the contact area of the slide wall and the rubber seal.

CRC lube as well. Works well.
    Randy and Kris

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's a Schwintek slide, Grand Design/Lippert is now recommending against using any kind of lubricant on the slide mechanism. They said to use PTFE before, but have reversed course 180°. Go figure.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    If it's a Schwintek slide, Grand Design/Lippert is now recommending against using any kind of lubricant on the slide mechanism. They said to use PTFE before, but have reversed course 180°. Go figure.
    dang.... I was using the CRC (or WD40) with PTFE. Not sure what I'll do now.

I have some commercial spray can of wiper seal stuff (probably Camco or something). It seems to work OK.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Can you point me to the document for that, please. Can you imagine Ford saying, "We used to recommend oil in our engines. Now we don't."
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I downloaded the In-Wall Slide Out Owners Manual dated 10/9/20 and this is the entirety of the Maintenance section.

System Maintenance
    It is recommended that when operating In-Wall® Slide-out system in harsh environments (road salt, ice
    buildup, etc.) that the gear racks and seals be kept clean and free of debris. They can be washed with mild
    soap and water.
    Note: No grease or lubrication is necessary, and in some situations may be detrimental to the long-term
    dependability of the system.
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pengle View Post
    Can you point me to the document for that, please. Can you imagine Ford saying, "We used to recommend oil in our engines. Now we don't."
    Sure, here's what it says: "NOTE: No grease or lubrication is necessary, and in some situations may be detrimental to the long-term dependability of the system." Here's the .pdf: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001602.pdf . Page 11.
    Last edited by Hoopy Frood; 08-18-2022 at 07:44 PM.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pengle View Post
    I have never put anything on my Schwintek slide in 3 years
    I keep the track clean and have had zero issue
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sure this will not settle the issue of lube, no lube, but on page 135 of my owners manual under Schwintek Slide System Maintenance it says:

* Check all four (4) gear racks installed on the exterior sidewalls of the slide room for debris (if found, remove any debris immediately).

* Occasionally apply Dry Lube (ie. Graphite Spray) to the upper and lower tracks on each side of the slide room.

Our trailer has a manufactured date of 10/2019. Maybe Lippert changed something after that, I don’t know. But based on my owners manual, and the discontinued YouTube video recommending CRC Power Lube w/PTFE, and what I’ve read recently on another GD forum, for me, I’ll continue with my method mentioned above.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast