Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FMCA and tires for tow vehicle

Anyone use this discount? Looking for Michelin Defenders for my truck.

Wondering how it works like, who do you order from and is shipping a lot of money etc.....

Thanks.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just logged on to my FMCA account and went to the tire discount page. This, in part, is what is says:

"In order for dealers to recognize you as an FMCA member, you’ll need to provide your FMCA member number and expiration date. If you haven't already, locate your FMCA Membership Card to find your Membership Number and expiration date."

I would gather from this that there is a network of dealerships who honor the FMCA discount program. Scrolling down the page, there are different ways it's gone about depending on the brand of tire you want. For Michelin, you enter some information to get a quote (I didn't, so don't know what happens after that). There's information on billing, etc., on the site, too. You can log in and learn more.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Jims94vmx I hope you have better luck than I did. I tried to buy Michelins for my RAM in Dec, 21. All the dealers listed in my area (MN) only carried tires for Class A coaches. Best of luck.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought some Michelins this past spring in Florida. That hurt as we had already ordered our new truck and were waiting on it to be delivered. We we're heading back to Michigan and didn't trust the tires that were on the truck. 1 month later our truck came in.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. Going to call local tire places when I get down to SC mid November. Will ask if they offer the FMCA discount.....if so I will join....if not, will wing it! Lol
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Thanks guys. Going to call local tire places when I get down to SC mid November. Will ask if they offer the FMCA discount.....if so I will join....if not, will wing it! Lol
    Just a side note... we did not join FMCA for the discounts. Our two main reasons were: 1) We have two grandsons in Cincinnati and the FMCA campground there is the only place closer than 45 minutes to their house (you have to be a member to stay there), and 2) FMCA Assist. This is a medical and logistical evacuation and repatriation insurance plan that will get either or both of you home (for full-timers, that's wherever you say it is), including your RV, in case of a medical emergency. It even applies outside the country - but not to your RV. It's part of the annual membership fee, so no extra costs. We had been talking about this type of coverage for several years, anyway, so when the kids moved to Cincinnati, it became a no-brainer.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Anyone use this discount? Looking for Michelin Defenders for my truck.

Wondering how it works like, who do you order from and is shipping a lot of money etc.....

Thanks.
    If you are not in urgent need of replacing, if you wait for the next Michelin sale or rebate run, those end up being a better deal (usually) than the FMCA discount. Also, if you belong to a big box store (Costco, BJs, Sams - I know BJs is still a Michelin partner for sure), the Defender series is always available to those partners and the discounted pricing is in the same tier as FMCA's. Downside is that the big box generally do not have road force balancing systems...

Odd fact, last year when we were in the Smoky Mtns, had a circumstance that caused me to bite the bullet and re-shoe all 6 positions on the dually. Went with Michelin LTX AT2s. Found a mobile service that not only beat the price of every tire shop in the area by a few hundred bucks, they could get them and on next day because they literally drive to the distribution warehouse, pick them up, and come to you. Trailer fully equipped with tire machine, spin balancer, leak tank, water, air, and right tools and an assortment of stems and weights. Even had air-powered jacks to lift the truck. No road force balance, but that's no concern to me as I run Centramatics. We were quite the show at the campground, but several campers stopped by to get business cards from the guy!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    If you are not in urgent need of replacing, if you wait for the next Michelin sale or rebate run, those end up being a better deal (usually) than the FMCA discount. Also, if you belong to a big box store (Costco, BJs, Sams - I know BJs is still a Michelin partner for sure), the Defender series is always available to those partners and the discounted pricing is in the same tier as FMCA's. Downside is that the big box generally do not have road force balancing systems...

Odd fact, last year when we were in the Smoky Mtns, had a circumstance that caused me to bite the bullet and re-shoe all 6 positions on the dually. Went with Michelin LTX AT2s. Found a mobile service that not only beat the price of every tire shop in the area by a few hundred bucks, they could get them and on next day because they literally drive to the distribution warehouse, pick them up, and come to you. Trailer fully equipped with tire machine, spin balancer, leak tank, water, air, and right tools and an assortment of stems and weights. Even had air-powered jacks to lift the truck. No road force balance, but that's no concern to me as I run Centramatics. We were quite the show at the campground, but several campers stopped by to get business cards from the guy!
    Thanks for the tips. I can wait and plan too.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.