Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What now?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got "about" 7 k miles on my GY endurance tires. I have another 1300 ish more to go until we get back to Florida ending our "Grand Excursion".
    So far, they look good, and I have only added air one time since the end of May when we started out.
    Once we get to Florida, I plan on pulling them off and doing a good visual inspection and a bearing re-pack. Ill measure tread depth and advise what I find. I'll probably rotate them front to back as well.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishman View Post
    my Endurance Tires are down to 3/32 to 4/432. The weight I pull is well below specs for the coach and hasn't changed much over the years. I check the tire pressure frequently. The only change is the upgrade to 16 tires, which in my opinion should have given me better mileage all things the same. I am in a quandary now. I looked at Carlisle HD and compared them side to side with the Goodyears. Goodyears certainly have stiffer sidewalls but tread depth is starting at 8/32 where the Carlisle is 10/32. I am really reluctant to buy another set of Goodyear Endurance's. I know that this topic has been beat to death but really haven't heard any reports on the Goodyears Endurance after someone has used them for awhile. Mostly, "I just bought them and they are great". Thoughts?
    I just completed doing a bearing repack after our 4 month trip out west from Florida. The total mileage on the GY tires is approximately 9300.
    Tread depth is very even across the tires, measuring .200 to .210 inch. So that's roughly 1/32 wear.
    Tires look great.
    Bearings and brakes look great also. Brakes needed maybe a couple of clicks to get them back to where I like them, but they still were working fine (big thanks to the engine brake on the Cummins).
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My GY tires are on 16” wheels, original owner upgraded from 15” at factory. I run 70 psi and they look great after 8500 miles. Just rotated front/back last week and no issues seen.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12