User Tag List

Thread: Psa: Tcl tv

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Psa: Tcl tv

Noticed the TCL TV developed a bit of a "tilt" so I took a look and found that the back of the TV (connection housing) would pull away from the main part of the TV.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211126_155410695.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	42594

I pulled down the TV and found that one of the screws holding the connection housing to the TV had backed out. I removed the connection housing by removing two screws, lifting one side of the housing, and sliding it to the side. Once removed, I was surprised to see that this housing has three of the wall mount nuts molded into the back. Only one of the wall mount screws goes through the housing and into the frame of the TV (see small metal bracket near power cord entry in picture below). With all of the bouncing in the rig, it's not terribly surprising that the screw had backed out and a couple of the plastic tabs on the housing had broken. That's a lot of stress on a piece of plastic with only one small screw into a metal frame.

Name:	PXL_20211126_155533122.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	42595

Name:	PXL_20211126_155616510.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	42596

I've tightened the screws and used some gorilla tape to hold the housing together. That was about six months ago, and it's holding up...OK. Still not as solid as I'd like so I may use fiberglass to hold the housing to the TV - or I may just buy a new TV that hopefully has more mounting screws into the frame. I don't want to wait until the TV falls and damages anything.

Posting this simply as a public service announcement to pay attention to your mounted TVs. They are made pretty cheaply these days.
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine just took this lean 2 days ago. Imagine that? I’ll take her down and take a look. Thanks.
    Randy and Kris