User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 2500RL upgrade entertainment area

Looking to upgrade our 2018 2500RL entertainment / pantry area with the 2022 2500RL with counter top and drawers, we would remove the television completely and add an overhead cabinet.

The counter top part number is 671941.

Where can I find the part numbers for the lower drawer unit? Would it be just as easy to have the lower cabinet build and buy the OEM counter top?

Thoughts, ideas, anyone do this upgrade yet?
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL
    2016 Ford F-150 4 X 4
    5.0 L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are going to find a bunch of wires behind that tv, so keep that in mind. Sorry i cant help with the part numbers,, id try to build something if i were doing it. Interested to see pictures if you do this.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just had some cabinet doors made (as full-timers, I don't have the tools or workspace any more). It cost $300 to have two cabinet doors made to match those in the RV... and I did the finish work! It was also very difficult to find a custom cabinet maker. Everything is prefab these days and installers just screw it in place. So, if you can't do the work yourself, you'll be surprised at how expensive custom cabinetry is. If GD can get the parts for you (you can check the GD parts lookup web site below for the later model year), that may be a cost-effective way to go - assuming the dimensions are the same.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup

I want to say that, sometimes, cabinetry is considered part of the structure rather than a part, so you may have to call GD and talk to them about it.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't GD change the interior colors between 2019 and 2020 or somewhere thereabouts ? If so the finish might not match very well with your 2018.
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probably will not match since GDRV went way lighter in color. But we think we can match the original chocolate-ebony used in 2018.
    2016 Ford F-150 4 X 4
    5.0 L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having walked through the assembly plant in Middleton, the furniture is all parts. WE will have to ponder where al the wires will g. But we will be eliminating the TV, but keeping a new updated radio.
    2016 Ford F-150 4 X 4
    5.0 L