Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacing the antenna head.

Please move this if it's in the wrong section.

I have a 2019 Momentum 351M, and I, somehow, broke the TV antenna of the roof. The housing is still there, but the shaft is broken and the antenna head is gone. I can't believe I got that close to a tree limb/branch, but the evidences sure seems to indicate I did.

I want to simply replace the antenna, but I can't find any antennae that have simply one wire coming down from the head, as this one appears to have. It's a King Jack P/N 21058 Rev. B. All the ones I'm looking at have lights in the inner housing. This one has the holes for the lights, but no lights as the holes are covered up with a sticker, and no lights or wiring inside the housing. There is just the single coax connection for the antenna, no other wires that I can see.

Can anyone give me a shove in the right direction, i.e. replace the antenna without running 12 V power to the antenna. There is the antenna/cable light and button behind the TV, but doesn't appear to run anything to the antenna housing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say the cable/antenna selector runs 12V on the co-ax using the two conductors.
    Randy and Kris

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know they could do that. I know there's a button to push and the light comes on when you want to use OTA, but that's about the limit of my knowledge.

Thank you for the input.
    Howard and Peggy

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure thing. I looked up your antenna and it is an active (powered) unit. So DC 12V goes to some type of amp in the antenna and then the RF TV signal after amplification rides the same 2 conductors into the F connector on your TV.

Good luck
    Randy and Kris

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried looking up the model antenna I have but it keeps coming up with the one that has the circuit board and lights on the housing. This one doesn't, and only one wire/coax coming down instead of a 3-way splitter which is what the others have. It looks like ours is not longer to be found. Thanks.
    Howard and Peggy

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem solved, doh. I simply didn't look closely enough when I found the new model King Jack antenna that replaced my model number. They sell two models, one with the Signal Finder, and one without. The without is the one I need. One piece of coax to connect and I'm good to go. All I have to do is scrape up most of the old sealant, and there's a ton of it.
    Howard and Peggy