Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion AC thermostat false reading

Someone please direct me to the correct section if this question is not appropriate for this one.

We have a 2021 Imagine 2670MK w/dual Furrion a/c units. We just got back from our maiden voyage. The bedroom thermostat would show obvious false temperatures (sometimes it would read 48°, other times it might read 50+° and so on). As a result, the bedroom unit wouldn't come on most of the time. I read where Furrion has placed the temperature sensors in the plenum and some say this is what is giving off false readings. Now that makes sense, BUT...it would seem that Furrion put those sensors in there for a reason.

Some said to poke the sensor through the cover of the plenum so that it sticks out into the room (that might work but aesthetically that's not a good choice); others said there is a Temperature Sensor Relocation kit that can be purchased to move the sensor to (or near) the thermostat on the wall. Okay...but again, doesn't Furrion have a good reason why they put the sensor where they did? Plus...I don't know if there's possibly another reason why the thermostat is giving false readings.

Suggestions??

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SamAndKim View Post
    Someone please direct me to the correct section if this question is not appropriate for this one.

We have a 2021 Imagine 2670MK w/dual Furrion a/c units. We just got back from our maiden voyage. The bedroom thermostat would show obvious false temperatures (sometimes it would read 48°, other times it might read 50+° and so on). As a result, the bedroom unit wouldn't come on most of the time. I read where Furrion has placed the temperature sensors in the plenum and some say this is what is giving off false readings. Now that makes sense, BUT...it would seem that Furrion put those sensors in there for a reason.

Some said to poke the sensor through the cover of the plenum so that it sticks out into the room (that might work but aesthetically that's not a good choice); others said there is a Temperature Sensor Relocation kit that can be purchased to move the sensor to (or near) the thermostat on the wall. Okay...but again, doesn't Furrion have a good reason why they put the sensor where they did? Plus...I don't know if there's possibly another reason why the thermostat is giving false readings.

Suggestions??
    We contacted GD and they sent us a kit that replaces the controller and thermostat. There is a sensor in the thermostat but also there is one in the AC. However they are doing it it fixed our issue.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestions??
    The reason why the room sensor is in the A/C intake plenum is that it was designed as a multi zone system (up to 4 zones). If your rig has more than one A/C the thermostat (controller) is used to set the desired temperature, allowing each zone to maintain the set temperature in it's zone independently. This is probably not ideal for a single zone setup, they probably should have designed a different thermostat and control box for single zone setups.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    The reason why the room sensor is in the A/C intake plenum is that it was designed as a multi zone system (up to 4 zones). If your rig has more than one A/C the thermostat (controller) is used to set the desired temperature, allowing each zone to maintain the set temperature in it's zone independently. This is probably not ideal for a single zone setup, they probably should have designed a different thermostat and control box for single zone setups.
    Mike, how do I know what a "zone" consists of?
    2021 Imagine 2670MK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    We contacted GD and they sent us a kit that replaces the controller and thermostat. There is a sensor in the thermostat but also there is one in the AC. However they are doing it it fixed our issue.
    docque, I'm calling GD tomorrow! Thanks!
    2021 Imagine 2670MK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike, how do I know what a "zone" consists of?
    A zone is a rooftop air conditioner. You stated that you have two.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two Ferrion ACs in a 22 3100RD and they did not function correctly in any sense of the word. Not as “zone” or independent units. Even the furnace wouldn’t track temperatures correctly. Once the temperature probes were relocated to near each thermostat, ACs and furnace work perfectly. I would suggest you contact your dealer and/or Grand Design CS for the necessary modification. Furrion changed the setup because the original, which you have, did not work. I wouldn’t waste my time trying to rationalize the current set up. Even Furrion couldn’t explain it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    I have two Ferrion ACs in a 22 3100RD and they did not function correctly in any sense of the word. Not as “zone” or independent units. Even the furnace wouldn’t track temperatures correctly. Once the temperature probes were relocated to near each thermostat, ACs and furnace work perfectly. I would suggest you contact your dealer and/or Grand Design CS for the necessary modification. Furrion changed the setup because the original, which you have, did not work. I wouldn’t waste my time trying to rationalize the current set up. Even Furrion couldn’t explain it.
    OK, that makes sense. I have two units (apparently aka "zones") and each has its own thermostat and plenum. So I'm assuming each also has its own temp sensor...located in its respective plenum. The one in the living area seems to operate ok. The one in the bedroom seems to have the issue. Nonetheless, I'll try calling GD CS. Thanks Rabbit.
    2021 Imagine 2670MK