User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipechief View Post
    I've tried just about everything, to adjust our door on the 260RD. You have to slam it hard from inside, but you can close it from the outside by pushing it in. The door looks curved with the most noticeable part right where the door lock mechanism is. We're getting to the point of not even wanting to shut the door. I've adjusted the striker, I've adjusted the screen door, and lubed everything. Still have to slam it shut.
    Check the camber. See this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ADJUSTING RV ENTRY DOOR CAMBER ccd-0002051.pdf 
Views:	83 
Size:	251.0 KB 
ID:	42661.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Check the camber. See this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ADJUSTING RV ENTRY DOOR CAMBER ccd-0002051.pdf 
Views:	83 
Size:	251.0 KB 
ID:	42661.
    We had a similar issue, but once we did get it closed, it was very difficult to open again. In fact, I got "locked" inside on the shakedown trip. Noted that in direct sunlight, the door became even more difficult to open and that was after removing the striker plate.

I tried all of the striker adjustment methods and adjusting the camber, but nothing worked. As I was looking at the door from a distance from the outside, I noticed the door frame had been installed out of plumb with an uneven reveal on 3 sides. In the end, had the entire door assembly replaced under warranty - only took 5 months to get a new door from Lippert. During the wait on a new door, had to remove the striker plate in order to use the coach.

Once we got the new door installed, I still had to take a Dremel to the striker plate to enlarge the latch/dead bolt opening in order to use with an RV Lock.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had been having the same issue. Picked it up at the dealer after some other warranty work was done. Door was even worse now and mentioned it. Dealer was great. Pulled it back into the shop and they removed the screws holding the latch side of the frame, re-aligned the frame to give it more room and now it is all easy to open and close. Just hope it stays that way now after all the bouncing down the road on the way home and when we camp.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who knew doors had a camber? That just seems odd. But... whatever....

I had a heck of a time with my door latch. I ended up having to put washers behind the striker plate to bring it closer to the door latch. But all this only happened after I put an RV Door Lock on - I don't think it fit too well. I also had to file the latch and metal behind the latch to move it outward.

Before I sent bending doors or frames or whatever I'd put a 4' level against them to verify if they were bent or not straight.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm supposed to be on vacation. We spent a lot of money, fuel, cg's, blown tire, trouble shooting right rear jack fault, reefer problem,and door. All I've done so far is repairs. Getting tired of it. I'm not going to take a chance on making the door at this point work better. It does close, and I want that to continue. I'll address it all when I drop the trailer off at the dealership on our return. Our right rear jack must have a short in the wiring, because it only works when it wants to. We had to stay connected all the way across country. We tried to use the jack system without any luck, and I even found a couple of guys that had similar
    systems, and they couldn't get the system to work either. Lots of problems on our maiden voyage. I'm sure I'll get it straightened out, but for now I'm goi g to chill.
    Tom & Kim
    2022 Reflection 260RB
    2021 Ram 2500 CTD - Six Burnin Four Turning!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes you want to take a gallon of gas and a match to it.....or have a drink.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipechief View Post
    I've tried just about everything, to adjust our door on the 260RD. You have to slam it hard from inside, but you can close it from the outside by pushing it in. The door looks curved with the most noticeable part right where the door lock mechanism is. We're getting to the point of not even wanting to shut the door. I've adjusted the striker, I've adjusted the screen door, and lubed everything. Still have to slam it shut.
    I tried everything as well. adjust striker / round file / swithed hardware with front and back door / took it all apart sprayed it wd-40 / etc etc etc etc.

One day while camping in Perrin, TX... I was bored and got my phone out and started reading articles about this and I found this article that talked about "A professional Garage door lubricant"

I had new garage doors installed in my shop at home and the guys left a can at my house... I called my wife and said when you come out tonight bring that can of spray.. She did.. I took the mechinisms apart and sprayed the crap out of them with that spray, and 1 year later they still work like they never had an issue.... I mean for the first few times we used camper after I fixed it we kept yelling outloud everytime us or the kids came in and closed the door... QUIT SLAMMING THE DOOR then we would laugh.

It is really expensive on amazon... I bought a six pack of it from some other store for 7 bucks a can but the shipping was like 20 bucks... Crazy good stuff

https://www.amazon.com/A-Professiona...%2C109&sr=8-11

If you ever pass thru Decatur TX hit me up, you can swing buy and use some of mine!!

Okie
    US Navy Veteran
    2020 3500 GMC Dually
    2020 3640 BH
    Flex Armor Roof https://dfwrvroof.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple two handed method: from the outside, pull latch with one hand and hold it open while you close the door with the other, then let go of the latch when the door is closed. Sometimes a slight push on the door finishes the job. Do the reverse if you are on the inside. Very simple and effective method and no slamming noise!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoRay View Post
    Simple two handed method: from the outside, pull latch with one hand and hold it open while you close the door with the other, then let go of the latch when the door is closed. Sometimes a slight push on the door finishes the job. Do the reverse if you are on the inside. Very simple and effective method and no slamming noise!
    That be nice, but this method doesn't work in my case. That's how I close the door from outside yes, but I know I've alm9mmost pulled the door handle off using this method from the inside. I can only compare the previous trailers we've owned, and I was always able to adjust the doors with no problem. Not this puppy.
    Tom & Kim
    2022 Reflection 260RB
    2021 Ram 2500 CTD - Six Burnin Four Turning!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that - my method works well inside and out for my fifth wheel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast