User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpfinder View Post
    I tried everything as well. adjust striker / round file / swithed hardware with front and back door / took it all apart sprayed it wd-40 / etc etc etc etc.

One day while camping in Perrin, TX... I was bored and got my phone out and started reading articles about this and I found this article that talked about "A professional Garage door lubricant"

I had new garage doors installed in my shop at home and the guys left a can at my house... I called my wife and said when you come out tonight bring that can of spray.. She did.. I took the mechinisms apart and sprayed the crap out of them with that spray, and 1 year later they still work like they never had an issue.... I mean for the first few times we used camper after I fixed it we kept yelling outloud everytime us or the kids came in and closed the door... QUIT SLAMMING THE DOOR then we would laugh.

It is really expensive on amazon... I bought a six pack of it from some other store for 7 bucks a can but the shipping was like 20 bucks... Crazy good stuff

https://www.amazon.com/A-Professiona...%2C109&sr=8-11

If you ever pass thru Decatur TX hit me up, you can swing buy and use some of mine!!

Okie
    Thanks for the info. I used to have some of that stuff years ago. The one thing I haven't done yet is take the lock assembly apart. What puzzles me the most is that from outside you can push the door shut fairly easy. You still can't close it just by swinging it shut. You'd tear the handle off trying that method from the inside.
    Thanks again for the help. It's worth a try.
    Tom & Kim
    2022 Reflection 260RB
    2021 Ram 2500 CTD - Six Burnin Four Turning!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Check the camber. See this:

Attachment 42661.
    I was working on the rig today and took a look at the camber on the door. Never noticed it before, but after reading this thread, it is very obvious. I was surprised by how much of a curve there is. I will try the adjustment as per Lippert instructions. Hopefully it will cure my hard to close door.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 Imagine 2250RK and it had the same problem.
    After adjusting the striker plate (SP) and turning the SP over to no avail, I had a good technician look at it and adjust the vertical bar on the outside edge of the SP and have not had to apply any unnecessary force since!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marine6805 View Post
    We have a 2019 Imagine 2250RK and it had the same problem.
    After adjusting the striker plate (SP) and turning the SP over to no avail, I had a good technician look at it and adjust the vertical bar on the outside edge of the SP and have not had to apply any unnecessary force since!
    The part of the SP that the door latch 1st comes into contact with?
    Tom & Kim
    2022 Reflection 260RB

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipechief View Post
    I've tried just about everything, to adjust our door on the 260RD. You have to slam it hard from inside, but you can close it from the outside by pushing it in. The door looks curved with the most noticeable part right where the door lock mechanism is. We're getting to the point of not even wanting to shut the door. I've adjusted the striker, I've adjusted the screen door, and lubed everything. Still have to slam it shut.
    I was having the same issue on my 2021 303rls, the strike plate was installed upside down. I unscrewed it, turned it the correct way and it fixed the problem. No more slamming the door. I did use one of the holes for a screw but had to drill a new hole for the second screw. My son was having the same issue with his Jayco, i flipped the strike plate and no more slamming.
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th wheel
    2020 GMC Denali 2500HD - 6.6L Duramax/10 Speed Allison
    Demco 21K Auto Slide 5th wheel hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the part I am referring to. He took one look at it, took a pair of pliers and made a small adjustment, and thanked me for my military service!
    Works great to this day (4K miles later)!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marine6805 View Post
    That is the part I am referring to. He took one look at it, took a pair of pliers and made a small adjustment, and thanked me for my military service!
    Works great to this day (4K miles later)!
    Cool. Thanks.
    Tom & Kim
    2022 Reflection 260RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eighteen months ago after having the same issue with closing the door, I used the Lippert instructions to adjust the camber. It worked great until recently. This time, I removed the small plastic cap on the upper and lower door hinges and sprayed a silicone lubricate into the top of each of those hinges several times each. Replaced the plastic caps and now the door opens and closes easier than ever. NOTE. There was no plastic cap on the center door hinge.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinK View Post
    I was frustrated with this same problem. Eventually I found it was the camber. Fix is to bend the door frame. It took a lot of force to get mine into a good place. Before it took a lot of force to operate, the kids couldn't open or close it. Now it works like a dream.

Here is a video on how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyLUOXT9EKI
    We had this same problem and the same fix worked for us.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123