User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

278BH Generator front compartment fitting

Hi, do any one has modify your front compartment to fit a generator? Want to add a 3500 Predator into my front compartment. Any help will be appreciated.

Ed

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Morales View Post
    Hi, do any one has modify your front compartment to fit a generator? Want to add a 3500 Predator into my front compartment. Any help will be appreciated.

Ed
    Welcome to the forum Ed, glad to have you aboard. This forum is a great place to learn from fellow GD owners.

Could you say a bit more about what you're planning with the genny? I also have a 150 series Reflection and I'm not sure if the Predator 3500 would fit well. You might be able to just squeeze it in, but at 102 pounds I wouldn't want to be lifting that genny in and out too often. Were you thinking you could run it in there? I don't see how you could get adequate ventilation for that. My 260RD comes with a receiver hitch in the back. Could you mount a cargo carrier there to carry the genny? That would also take the weight of the front of the trailer.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steph Thanks for educate me, I do not plan to run it in there, I just wonder if I can put a MORryde slide out tray and fit him there. I have seen others reflection doing that (the 367 model). I have already the genny, so doesn't make sense to buy another one.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steph Thanks for educate me, I do not plan to run it in there, I just wonder if I can put a MORryde slide out tray and fit him there. I have seen others reflection doing that (the 367 model). I have already the genny, so doesn't make sense to buy another one.
    Ah, perhaps you mean the pass-through. Typically that's where the slide-out trays are mounted. In that case, I think you'd have no problem putting your genny in there, still more weight than I'd be wanting to lift in and out on a regular basis.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MorRyde makes a few different small sides for generators in different sizes. Here is one example. I have two friends that put a Champion 3500 watt generator on a slide in their front compartment. But they made it themselves.

Maybe someone here will chime in if they put a slide in the front bay. Other than that, it is just a matter of measuring to see what fits (or doesn't fit).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It still would not be safe to run it there, if that is your plan?
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    MorRyde makes a few different small sides for generators in different sizes. Here is one example. I have two friends that put a Champion 3500 watt generator on a slide in their front compartment. But they made it themselves.

Maybe someone here will chime in if they put a slide in the front bay. Other than that, it is just a matter of measuring to see what fits (or doesn't fit).
    I’ve seen a picture of that exact Morryde sliding tray with a small portable generator on it, in the front bay of a Reflection 5th wheel. I think it’s a small Yamaha inverter type, the limiting factor becomes the height of the compartment door. No way I would run it in there, even with the door full open. But for storage and transportation, no problem. Just got to have a plan to get it out and back in.

I still like the option of putting it (a generator) on a rear hitch mounted rack. There’s a good thread about that on this forum. It works very well when the power cord comes from the rear of the trailer. And the rack and generator can be secured to the trailer and covered in a enclosed box that looks pretty generic.