User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front Landing Gear Leg Slipped/Bolt Bent, Common?

I have a 2022 Momentum with only two trips on it and just found my driver's front landing gear leg slipped in the brackets and is now resting on the bracket bolt (which is bent). I found a post from Tom where he calls out the design and a similar issue (https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ionable-Design) but this is from 2016! Lippert has obviously not changed their design, but I am wondering if anyone else has seen issues like this. I am nervous to use the thing until the bolt can be replaced and the bracket can be checked. I am assuming that if the bolt was overtightened the bracket will be cupped, and the load will be on the edges as opposed to across the entire surface of the bracket/leg. Going to try and work with the dealership tomorrow, but seeing how this is engineered really doesn't give me the best warm and fuzzy feeling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220822_202441~2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	42667

Name:	IMG_20220822_202519.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	42668

Name:	IMG_20220822_202427.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	42669

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that is a really poor design. I can't believe they don't have the stops on the sides, with the bracket doing the holding. If that tubing is square, I would turn the leg 90°, so that stop does what it's supposed to do. That is not installed correctly.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Wow, that is a really poor design. I can't believe they don't have the stops on the sides, with the bracket doing the holding. If that tubing is square, I would turn the leg 90°, so that stop does what it's supposed to do. That is not installed correctly.

EDITED:
    That is how Lippert shows it in in the install diagram (stops on bolt side): https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001522.pdf. In the thread from Tom it seems others were installed like mine. I'm new to all of this, but am going to try to contact Lippert and GD this week as I agree turning 90 degrees makes sense to me.
    Last edited by tgskiman; 08-22-2022 at 09:55 PM.