User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's currently a recall to fix Schwintek slides on various brands of RV's. Schwinteks are notorious for having more issues than the simple rack type slides. Kinda like using China bomb tires. You open yourself up to a problem.

If I owned a Schwintek equipted RV with a larger slide I'd opt for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTH3kIByLYM&t=271s

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    There's currently a recall to fix Schwintek slides on various brands of RV's. Schwinteks are notorious for having more issues than the simple rack type slides. Kinda like using China bomb tires. You open yourself up to a problem.

If I owned a Schwintek equipted RV with a larger slide I'd opt for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTH3kIByLYM&t=271s
    Recall?

Anyone have a link
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Recall?

Anyone have a link
    https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0006468.pdf
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NB Canada you’re probably right. Just my imagination. I have emailed them twice asking for a call back obout the issues and NO ONE has reached out🤔. Also I’ve emailed Grand Design 8/20, 8/21 and 8/24 and auto response says they contact me in 24-48 hrs and nothing from them. I left a vm this afternoon on GD CS phone -Jessica Sancha ? saying I’ve emailed them on the dates and have had no one contact me. I’ll keep trying😁

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CKDye4 View Post
    NB Canada you’re probably right. Just my imagination. I have emailed them twice asking for a call back obout the issues and NO ONE has reached out[emoji848]. Also I’ve emailed Grand Design 8/20, 8/21 and 8/24 and auto response says they contact me in 24-48 hrs and nothing from them. I left a vm this afternoon on GD CS phone -Jessica Sancha ? saying I’ve emailed them on the dates and have had no one contact me. I’ll keep trying[emoji16]
    You've mentioned you emailed GD, who did you send the email to? People have had good luck with response by sending emails to someone higher up in the chain of command. I think Jerry McCarthy...I dont recall if that is his last name or I'm confusing it with someone else, but hopefully someone can chime in and provide a specific person to contact.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CKDye4 View Post
    NB Canada you’re probably right. Just my imagination. I have emailed them twice asking for a call back obout the issues and NO ONE has reached out[emoji848]. Also I’ve emailed Grand Design 8/20, 8/21 and 8/24 and auto response says they contact me in 24-48 hrs and nothing from them. I left a vm this afternoon on GD CS phone -Jessica Sancha ? saying I’ve emailed them on the dates and have had no one contact me. I’ll keep trying[emoji16]
    They definitely do not have a good response time
    And the excuse of “these times we are in” doesn’t fly with me but anyway I have had the best success early in the AM as soon as they arrive to work
    I did have a contact email but can’t find it I changed phones and it was in my old one. A Janelle if I can recall

Good luck
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way stuff's rollin off the assembly line these days I'm guessing they're swamped with warranty calls.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone already asked but I don’t think it was answered.

Did you buy this as a new unit or a used unit? There’s a difference with warranty responsibility. If used some warranties are not transferable.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Someone already asked but I don’t think it was answered.

Did you buy this as a new unit or a used unit? There’s a difference with warranty responsibility. If used some warranties are not transferable.
    Ah. Just noticed the year and dates
    I think it looks like it was purchased used
    Now I understand why he thinks the dealer possibly sold him a “known issue” trailer
    If it was bought used my apologies for my earlier comment
    Hopefully if used he is still inside the 12 month warranty
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First post here was 8/23. Says email to GD was 8/27 and 8/28 (therefore in the future!). Or maybe as early as 8/4. Follow up actual phone calls not noted, so should definitely also be done. Yes, lately GD has been having issues responding via any channel, but for this kind of thing, continued attempts are in order - as many as it takes. It also sounds like time to drive to the Lazy Days it was bought from, and sit on the corner of someones desk....
    GD typically will authorize work to be done by any certified tech, so if you can't find a mobile, calling around to other RV dealers near the unit may bear fruit (except any Camping World, GD won't deal with them).

You can, and should, try to contact GD by all of these routes, over and over if needed:

Facebook Group for those needing service: https://www.facebook.com/GDRVServiceSupport/
    Email: [email protected]
    Phone: 574-825-9679​
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast