User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 GD Reflection 260 RD catastrophic rv purchase experience

Not sure where to put this but this has been the story since we bought the 5th wheel for LazyDays Tucson 5/26/22. We have emailed numerous LazyDays executives in Florida and also Lippert RV parts and Grand Design. This was emailed 8/27/22 and with addendum to add pics 8/28/22. We have received no feedback in any way shape or form from any of the three companies. We will update the forum thread with any responses. Still can’t believe this has happened. Subject: Complaints regarding a 2021 Grand Design Reflection poor quality construction (Schwintec slide-out system, both axles, brake assist connection, loose nuts) and service of our recently purchased RV unit from LazyDays Tucson, AZ.

From a retired USAF MSgt and a current Active Duty, CAPT, US Public Health Service, let us say we purchased the Grand Design knowing Winnebago owned this company and being very satisfied with our 2007 Winnebago Chalet. We purchased this 2021 Grand Design Reflection 260rd with the hopes of having many family vacations and lasting memories that at first appeared to have a great design layout we wanted and good quality according to reviews and Winnebago’s track record. That sadly has not been the case since we purchased the unit and attempted to have our FIRST family outing to Tennessee on 8/4/2022. The slide-out would not extend out for our first layover near Memphis TN so we ended up paying for a hotel room that night. Arriving at our family in Tennessee we pushed to extend button and it extended, however it extended leaning back. From that point all efforts from 8/5/22 to 8/17/22 to get slide in failed. Finally on 8/18/22 we finally got a mobile RV repair to get slide out somewhat in with the top extended out about 6 inches. Then, due to previous commitments we had to return to New Mexico and left the unit with family in Tennessee. Safe to say our FIRST vacation was and is continuing to be an absolute nightmare!

LAZYDAYS TUCSON: We purchased the said unit on 5/26/22 from LazyDays Tucson from salesperson Jeffrey Agans. We transported the unit to our home in Farmington NM without issue. As we were settling the unit by our home I noticed a tire was not aligning as we backed it in. We took the unit to a local Alignment and Axle shop that specializes in big rigs and they informed me both axles were bent and had to be straightened. We had both axles straightened /repaired (receipt avail. upon request) and thought we would be good and did not mention this to LazyDays Tucson. Settling the unit at home I decided to check under the unit and found most, not all, but most nuts under the carriage was finger loose and I had to tighten them and secured them with locktite. Furthermore, as an example of the poor customer service, I had to call LazyDays Tucson since we have not received the title on 8/19/22. I was put in contact with Stephanie who told me she had to check on it since she was new to the title office and replaced a lady named Jill. Stephanie said she will call me 8/21/22 in the afternoon and update me. As a full cash paying customer, we feel the customer service and attention to detail for the sales of this unit has been so far below any would be expectations.

Grand Design RV: Love the design layout of the unit which is perfect for our family. Unfortunately it seems the build quality and quality assurance inspections have not been enough. A year old 2021 unit SHOULD NOT have these types of issues.

Lippert RV Schwintec slide-out system: This has been a horrendous experience with this slide-out. After not extending on the first trip stop and then not going back in fully and crooked. My calls to the local Knox county mobile RV repair guys (I have the phone numbers and names if asked for) One said he stopped working service call outs for Schwintec slides because of the frequencies and difficulties of those slides. One said Lippert needs to change it’s entire system because of the number of issues he’s continuing to get calls on. The last RV technician who got the slide in partially with top still out 6”, said he’s “never seen something so messed up.”

I would like to restate this has been a total nightmare! We had to leave this said unit 1500 miles away because we couldn’t safely tow it back to NM. LazyDays still hasn’t sent us the title which means the temporary tags will expire 8/24/22. I have asked law enforcement to verify the VIN so the LazyDay will send us the Title and I have been told LazyDay is likely breaking the law by refusing or not being able to locate Title. I’m almost to the point that LazyDay can keep this unit and title, pickup the unit themselves in Tennessee by LazyDays Knoxville and return my full purchase amount, or Grand Design/Lippert can fully repair the slide-out. Addendum to previous email. These are the pictures from the LazyDays, Grand Design, Lippert slide unit that was stuck open from 8/4/22 to 8/18/22. The metal shavings and scratches are from the attempts to get slide out and in previous to above dates. The person that finally got the slide in was Dave Lappata, RV Mobile Repair: (865) phone#. He said the shavings indicate something bad is wrong and may possibly indicate incorrect install of slide system. Also numerous parts will need to be replaced. While we can appreciate it was assembled possibly during Covid, this type of malfunction of equipment/install is unacceptable. Looking forward to responses. ( I’m not uploading here at this time. They were emailed to all 3 companies.) Sorry for the long post- extremely frustrated. Chuck D. Farmington NM

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow, so sorry that you are off the a rough start like that. Have you sent an email directly to GD regarding your slide? I had some issues with our dealer and our slide leaking but GD came through for us and approved a mobile tech to help us which it did. They might not be able to help you with the ownership papers between you and the dealer, which BTW shouldn't be an issue. I know some rigs that got built during covid were subject to labour and material issues but still. I'm confident that GD will come through for you as they did for us. Get in touch with them.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very sorry you are dealing with this. Definitely call or email Grand Design and let them know what is going on and gay a case number. In many cases GD will authorize a mobile repair person to come and evaluate. Sounds like Lazy Days has definitely failed you. I hope you get this resolved quickly. I know GD does stand behind their products.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CKDye4 View Post
    Not sure where to put this but this has been the story since we bought the 5th wheel for LazyDays Tucson 5/26/22. We have emailed numerous LazyDays executives in Florida and also Lippert RV parts and Grand Design. This was emailed 8/27/22 and with addendum to add pics 8/28/22. We have received no feedback in any way shape or form from any of the three companies. We will update the forum thread with any responses. Still can’t believe this has happened. Subject: Complaints regarding a 2021 Grand Design Reflection poor quality construction (Schwintec slide-out system, both axles, brake assist connection, loose nuts) and service of our recently purchased RV unit from LazyDays Tucson, AZ.

From a retired USAF MSgt and a current Active Duty, CAPT, US Public Health Service, let us say we purchased the Grand Design knowing Winnebago owned this company and being very satisfied with our 2007 Winnebago Chalet. We purchased this 2021 Grand Design Reflection 260rd with the hopes of having many family vacations and lasting memories that at first appeared to have a great design layout we wanted and good quality according to reviews and Winnebago’s track record. That sadly has not been the case since we purchased the unit and attempted to have our FIRST family outing to Tennessee on 8/4/2022. The slide-out would not extend out for our first layover near Memphis TN so we ended up paying for a hotel room that night. Arriving at our family in Tennessee we pushed to extend button and it extended, however it extended leaning back. From that point all efforts from 8/5/22 to 8/17/22 to get slide in failed. Finally on 8/18/22 we finally got a mobile RV repair to get slide out somewhat in with the top extended out about 6 inches. Then, due to previous commitments we had to return to New Mexico and left the unit with family in Tennessee. Safe to say our FIRST vacation was and is continuing to be an absolute nightmare!

LAZYDAYS TUCSON: We purchased the said unit on 5/26/22 from LazyDays Tucson from salesperson Jeffrey Agans. We transported the unit to our home in Farmington NM without issue. As we were settling the unit by our home I noticed a tire was not aligning as we backed it in. We took the unit to a local Alignment and Axle shop that specializes in big rigs and they informed me both axles were bent and had to be straightened. We had both axles straightened /repaired (receipt avail. upon request) and thought we would be good and did not mention this to LazyDays Tucson. Settling the unit at home I decided to check under the unit and found most, not all, but most nuts under the carriage was finger loose and I had to tighten them and secured them with locktite. Furthermore, as an example of the poor customer service, I had to call LazyDays Tucson since we have not received the title on 8/19/22. I was put in contact with Stephanie who told me she had to check on it since she was new to the title office and replaced a lady named Jill. Stephanie said she will call me 8/21/22 in the afternoon and update me. As a full cash paying customer, we feel the customer service and attention to detail for the sales of this unit has been so far below any would be expectations.

Grand Design RV: Love the design layout of the unit which is perfect for our family. Unfortunately it seems the build quality and quality assurance inspections have not been enough. A year old 2021 unit SHOULD NOT have these types of issues.

Lippert RV Schwintec slide-out system: This has been a horrendous experience with this slide-out. After not extending on the first trip stop and then not going back in fully and crooked. My calls to the local Knox county mobile RV repair guys (I have the phone numbers and names if asked for) One said he stopped working service call outs for Schwintec slides because of the frequencies and difficulties of those slides. One said Lippert needs to change it’s entire system because of the number of issues he’s continuing to get calls on. The last RV technician who got the slide in partially with top still out 6”, said he’s “never seen something so messed up.”

I would like to restate this has been a total nightmare! We had to leave this said unit 1500 miles away because we couldn’t safely tow it back to NM. LazyDays still hasn’t sent us the title which means the temporary tags will expire 8/24/22. I have asked law enforcement to verify the VIN so the LazyDay will send us the Title and I have been told LazyDay is likely breaking the law by refusing or not being able to locate Title. I’m almost to the point that LazyDay can keep this unit and title, pickup the unit themselves in Tennessee by LazyDays Knoxville and return my full purchase amount, or Grand Design/Lippert can fully repair the slide-out. Addendum to previous email. These are the pictures from the LazyDays, Grand Design, Lippert slide unit that was stuck open from 8/4/22 to 8/18/22. The metal shavings and scratches are from the attempts to get slide out and in previous to above dates. The person that finally got the slide in was Dave Lappata, RV Mobile Repair: (865) phone#. He said the shavings indicate something bad is wrong and may possibly indicate incorrect install of slide system. Also numerous parts will need to be replaced. While we can appreciate it was assembled possibly during Covid, this type of malfunction of equipment/install is unacceptable. Looking forward to responses. ( I’m not uploading here at this time. They were emailed to all 3 companies.) Sorry for the long post- extremely frustrated. Chuck D. Farmington NM
    Did you buy it new, or used?
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Chuck @CKDye4, so sorry to hear about your difficult experience. Glad to have you with us on this forum, we're all GD owners here, some have had issues with their coaches, and for some things have gone smoothly. The Schwintek slides have been a source of frustration on some units, if they weren't installed correctly they're much more likely to have issues. There have been quite a few reports of dealers who haven't given great customer service. But most of the time GD does support owners, I'd suggest you be in contact with GD Customer Service.

Probably won't make things much better, but please know that the members of this forum hope you get your issues straightened out soon so you can enjoy your coach.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @CKDye4 -

I won't repeat what others have said. Just thought I'd throw this out there... you probably already know this, but this forum is not connected with Grand Design in any way and, as far as we know, they do not look at what is posted here.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all. Yes Grand Design was contacted by email, along with Lippert and LazyDays on 8/20/22 and 8/21/22 with pictures of the unit with the slide out and with the metal shaving on the tracks and after 14 days of getting the slide in, by a mobile rv guy, albeit with a 6 inch gap at the top. The only update is LazyDays called and said they lost the paperwork for the title and are now working on it and to expect the title in about 3 weeks from the DMV🤦**♂️

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still trying to figure out what the dealer did that you are upset about
    And what bolts are you talking about that were loose underneath?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the dealer knowingly sold USA lemon. I know I can’t prove it Just a feeling. They told me at the pick up inspection that the unit went through a inspection checklist and all was good. I couldn’t get under the unit at the time since it was 102 outside and tarmac was almost unbearable at that time. The bolts coming through were around the bottom of the frame and the nuts around most of the unit were loose. I don’t have a pic otherwise I’d post it.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CKDye4 View Post
    I think the dealer knowingly sold USA lemon. I know I can’t prove it Just a feeling. They told me at the pick up inspection that the unit went through a inspection checklist and all was good. I couldn’t get under the unit at the time since it was 102 outside and tarmac was almost unbearable at that time. The bolts coming through were around the bottom of the frame and the nuts around most of the unit were loose. I don’t have a pic otherwise I’d post it.
    I don’t think the dealer would put themselves through the aggravation if they knowingly sold you the unit with issues
    Anything they found during the dealer pdi they would charge and make a claim to Grand design for imo
    There would be no benefit to them the dealer

Many have had schwintek issues although I have not and it has worked flawlessly. Making sure it is not stopped during its travel in and out and the button is held until all sound is gone makes a big difference imo

Good luck
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast