User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 GM with pro pride?

Switched trucks from a 1500 to 2500. Have the pro pride mounted on the camper now but wondering if it is overkill towing with the 2500 and an additional $2k in hitch that really isn’t needed towing a 2800 BH

Curious if it’s worth downgrading hitches and taking the extra $ for other camper goodies?

This is assuming i can get a good return on the propride $$.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MillyG View Post
    Switched trucks from a 1500 to 2500. Have the pro pride mounted on the camper now but wondering if it is overkill towing with the 2500 and an additional $2k in hitch that really isn’t needed towing a 2800 BH

Curious if it’s worth downgrading hitches and taking the extra $ for other camper goodies?

Thoughts?

Although I vever used that type of hitch in my TT days, I did tow them with a 1 ton crew cab dually diesel. IMO, there is no such thing as overkill in a lashup. There have been a couple of occasions when DW and I were glad that we had a more than capable lashup. When Mr. Murphy pays you a visit, there will be no chance to improve on your lashup then. You will have to handle it it with what you have.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd put this in the same category as tow vehicles... I've never heard anyone complain that they have too much tow vehicle. Unless you really need the money, I'd stick with the ProPride.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MillyG View Post

Thoughts?
    I tow a 2800BH with my Ram 3500 & propride. In my opinion, never over kill when it comes to safety. Also, just because you have a bigger truck doesn’t mean you won’t get sway. I’ve seen duallys pulling travel trailers and still have sway. I would keep it on. After having it, I will never have a travel trailer without my propride. Regardless of size a truck
    Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here, I pull a 2670MK with a F350 and a Hensley hitch. This is the 3rd trailer I’ve had this hitch on. I like the extra clearance it provides between the truck and camper for increased turning radius, letting the tailgate down etc. Only downside to the hitch is the initial cost IMO and that part is over and done with. I also vote to keep it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had several Hensley hitches over the years. Recently sold our Class C MB Chassis and purchased a 17MKE. I needed a WD hitch/antiSway, so purchased a Hensley Cub. Although Hensleys are expensive, they are not nearly as expensive as ProPride. Hensley made me a very good deal on the Cub, threw in a couple things, and 12 months same as cash. I don't know as much about ProPride, but since they use a similar design, price is king. Also I think Propride's marketing is too aggressive, and they have been beating up on Hensley for years - which is unwarranted and frankly a reason not to buy a Propride.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks for replies… will keep her on