User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just brought home from dealer, slide inop already!

UPDATE II...
    and the saga continues... followed the procedures to sync the motors, the first of 6 ext/retract 10-12" worked great, the other 5 attempted evolutions motor quit and could not retract, went to use the bypass function and the bypass button fell off! at the moment I hate this trailer between the rear jacks riding too low and now the slide

UPDATE... I'm sorry what a piece this slide system is, went back out to do something in the trailer and fricken slide extended maybe 2' then the forward motor stops and slide starts to bind, try to retract and forward motor doesn't respond, try to extend again and the forward motor works for a second or two the stops, after cycling between in/out numerous times and the forward motor working/ not working I was able to fully retract. PREVIOUS POST...Went to open the slide and got a quarter of the way out and one motor stopped, tried to slide back in and wouldn't work, after numerous attempts finally got it retracted then extended fully. Not sure what happened but after switching in, out, in, out etc.. finally worked.... for now, afraid to try and retract.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 08-30-2022 at 04:34 AM. Reason: reoved all the profanity, against forum rules

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz80 View Post
    Went to open the slide and got a quarter of the way out and one motor stopped, tried to slide back in and wouldn't work, after numerous attempts finally got it retracted then extended fully. Not sure what happened but after switching in, out, in, out etc.. finally worked.... for now, afraid to try and retract.
    I am assuming this is a Schwintek slide. If that is the case your in, out, in, out may have recalibrated the motors which needs to be done occasionally. With Schwintek slides never open them partially or close partially. Always fully open and close them and occassionally you will need to follow the recalibration process in your manual or better yet on Lipperts website.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you tried it at the dealer. Are you holding the button for 5-10 seconds after the noise all stops when retracting or extending?

When are you deploying the slide? After leveling?

I make sure I deploy and retract my slide before any stabilization is done Doesn’t your trailer have auto leveling? I would never use it before deploying slide
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just the opposite, I always make sure the trailer is level and hydraulic levelers are down and finished leveling before I put the slides out. But that's the way we've always done it.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t have any leveling systems but always level the trailer and deploy the stabilization jacks before extending the slide. So for so good after 1 year and 15000 miles or so.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I'm just the opposite, I always make sure the trailer is level and hydraulic levelers are down and finished leveling before I put the slides out. But that's the way we've always done it.
    They were installed and tested at the factory just on the wheels not with jacks down
    The frames can easily be flexed with jacks and I don’t want it to bind the slide
    The only schwintek slide you have would not be affected by the leveling jacks as it is in the bedroom
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    I don’t have any leveling systems but always level the trailer and deploy the stabilization jacks before extending the slide. So for so good after 1 year and 15000 miles or so.
    Without a doubt. The larger slides are rack and pinion and would unlikely quit like the schwinteks do. Your only schwintek slide is smaller and over top of your rear jack unlikely affected by any frame movement leveling

The op and like on my trailer are Schwintek slides right over the wheels
    This is only an opinion but I believe it to be a big factor in Schwintek performance
    Ymmv
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the info

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so are you saying you deploy the slide prior to autolevel or after?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    of course worked fine at the dealer lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast