I do strongly believe that Grand Design builds very high quality products and backs them with awesome customer service and commitment way beyond other manufacturers!

However, we as owners are responsible to our families and others on the road to be towing a safe unit! With the information and issues that are on this forum, I am taking it on myself to start a list of MUST-DOS for us to make sure we have done as much as possible to maximize safety! This does involve crawling on our backs under our units, so for some of us we need to ask a younger, more fit member of our family or a service professional.

1) Check the decal on the LF corner of the unit and look for axle weight capacities and tire size and pressure.
2) Verify correct tires and psi.
3) Slide under unit- have camera (phone) with you.
4) On axles, there should be stickers in the center listing weight capacity. Verify that it matches item 1.
5) Check for evidence of impact to axles, Verify fasteners are tight, brake wiring from body to axles to brakes is intact.
6) Visually inspect inside of wheels for evidence of grease leakage.
7) Check tires for possible impacts to inside sidewalls. With tire tread depth gauge or coin, check tread depth on all tread grooves from inside edge to outside edge.
8) Photograph any items that look questionable to you to share on this forum or send to GDRV.

This is just a beginning list. Pleas add as needed! I just read that a 337 produced many months after ours had the wrong axles, so we can assume nothing! Safeguard your family- increase your peace of mind- inspect! We love and respect you all1