User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Camco Genturi on a Momentum G Class (Generator under bed slide)

Has anyone used one of the Camco Genturi vertical exhaust on a Momentum G series where the generator is under the bed slide?

Looks like we could do it if we extend the generator exhaust pipe to clear the slide and then mount on the side but was wondering if anyone had tried it.

Thanks
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen some on the FB groups that have done it by extending the exhaust pipe beyond the rear of the slide. Are you wanting to reduce the noise or more of a exhaust fume mitigation? The bulk of the noise form the Onan is not doming out the exhaust. It's mechanical noise form the unit itself. I was considering doing it for sound mitigation but ended up ordering a muffler from Onan and it makes almost no difference. I put sound deadening panels on the gen compartment and it helped some but the Onan is still annoyingly loud to me anyway. My wife can sleep right thru it but no way for me. I carry a inverter style generator with us and use that for nights that we need AC. I put it behind the trailer.

Here's a pic I saved from one of the posts on FB.

Last edited by TerryH; 08-28-2022 at 04:46 AM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awesome thanks Terry! We are going to our first NASCAR race with the new trailer this weekend at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (aka Mosport) and suspect they will be stacking the rvs pretty close. Last thing I want is a neighbour annoyed about the generator exhaust blowing right over to their picnic table etc. We’ll see how it goes first before buying that thing. Should be cool enough now that we won’t need AC at night. I swear I saw an optional bracket to support the extension instead of a cement block but I’ll have to dig more.

Hoping to get in some races south of the border next year as well and I suspect they also stack them up tight so might be handy for that. I saw pics of quite a few “homemade beer can exhaust stacks” from the Boots & Hearts festival this year as the RVs were mixed in with tents … crazy.

Of course for the price of that thing I could simply put the $300 towards lithium batteries and just run the AC at night on a larger battery bank … though $300 won’t make much of a dent in a $1100 Battleborn times x batteries lol.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues