User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My black tank has a 3 inch valve and the grays have 1.5 inch valves.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the never ending trickle on my grays too, but I tend to let them drain completely. For me the trickle is still a fairly substantial amount of water. Few GPM at least I'd guess. I like them to be as empty as possible before hitting the road. Black too, but I put a few gallons of water back into that one before driving usually.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The never ending trickle is a “feature”

Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    I get the never ending trickle on my grays too, but I tend to let them drain completely. For me the trickle is still a fairly substantial amount of water. Few GPM at least I'd guess. I like them to be as empty as possible before hitting the road. Black too, but I put a few gallons of water back into that one before driving usually.
    I went on a factory tour of the Imagine line last week when we were at the national rally. The tanks are very shallow. The black tank has a large 3 or 4 inch opening, but the gray tanks have an opening that is more like half that. Put all that together and you end up with the never ending trickle. I’ve tried making the passenger side of trailer higher at dump station, but it doesn’t seem to make much difference - I have a slow trickle on both of my gray tanks. I’ve learned to just live with it. Doesn’t seem to do any damage - except to the patience of the guy behind me at the dump station.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littleapple View Post
    Just purchased a new Imagine TT and seem to have a problem with the gray tank draining correctly (this trailer only has one gray tank). This is my fourth trailer and my experience draining gray tanks has always been that they drain pretty fast and with enough force to flush out the sewer hose after draining the black tank first. However, this new gray tank drains at about half the volume (when the tank is clear full) that I have experienced with my past trailers .
    Your expectations (based on your experience) is correct ... there really should be a good initial flow (even if it devolves into a trickle after the initial rush). I suspect there's some kind of blockage in the tank (like the floating disc Second Chance mentioned) or perhaps the gate wasn't installed quite correctly. If the pull wire has any slack at all it will seem to retract, but all you're doing is moving the wire, not the gate. I'm not familiar with your rig, but if it has coroplast the best thing would be to drag her to the dealer and let them take a look cause that' ain't right!
    Pam and Doug
    2017 F350 (the Dragon) with 2015 GD Ref 337RLS (the Dragon's Tail)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran an endoscope up my rear grey tank to see if there was a blockage from a cutout and it is perfectly clear. The valves are just small on the grey tanks
    Mine trickles
    2021 Imagine
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours are horribly slow even with the trailer nose raised. Can't get the forward tank below 2/3 on the gage (if its even close to accurate).
    I am considering re-doing all the drain plumbing.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    Ours are horribly slow even with the trailer nose raised. Can't get the forward tank below 2/3 on the gage (if its even close to accurate).
    I am considering re-doing all the drain plumbing.
    Our our very slow as well. Just leave it and let it go for a bit and they will read zero, just takes time.

It’s interesting that they are only 1 1/2. My Class A was 2. Drained very quickly.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t put too much stock in the level readout. Mine reads 2/3 quite often when I know it’s empty. I sort of ignore the gages most of the time.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Our our very slow as well. Just leave it and let it go for a bit and they will read zero, just takes time.

It’s interesting that they are only 1 1/2. My Class A was 2. Drained very quickly.

Bill
    I was hooked to sewer and left that tank open for several days. Still shows 2/3.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    I was hooked to sewer and left that tank open for several days. Still shows 2/3.
    Sorry, I leave the grays open for say 20 minutes, they always read zero when done. Definitely a sensor thing.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12