User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

California Legislates Electric Only

California passed a new law. Only electric vehicles will be sold there in 2035. But, I haven’t seen any HD electric tow vehicles yet.

I hope they are working on this in Detroit. Or in Austin.

I’ll be in my eighties by then, so stopping every 100 miles or so for a charge may pretty much coincide with bathroom breaks. I just hope there is plenty of room around those charging stations so I won’t have to unhitch just to get in there. Maybe you will be able to reserve a pull through charging station at a slight premium.

Perhaps we could charge our RV batteries at the same time and get rid of those pesky solar panels.

Maybe battery tech will improve by then. Maybe even double so I could go 200 miles between charges. They could source the new batteries out of China and call them Marathons.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buyers could just go out of state to purchase unless the law prohibits registering them as well. I read one article that said it prevented sales of gas vehicles, not diesel. Really, you would have to read the actual law to clear it up. I dont think they thought this through very much. We have some friends in CA, and they talk about how much the grid is already overloaded and the residential electric problems, how is the grid going to handle all the vehicles charging? Also, what about people that live in apartments without the ability to charge at home? Sounds like it will be a mess.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let’s see how the power grid does when everyone is plugging in at night. Our wonderful DOT man has no idea how it will be resolved. Just do it.
    Randy and Kris

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not clear to me this will apply to medium-duty trucks, but it seems almost certain it will apply to half ton and lower. There is also a carve-out for plug in-hybrids - so maybe that gives manufactures a way to address it (not that I'm advocating these for towing).
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just finished our trip out to the western states, a few of the campgrounds we stayed at said no charging of electric vehicles at camp sites. One even had a warning that said charging of electric vehicles will damage the power pedestal and could cause a fire and the camper will be liable for damages to the campground electrical grid.

Now i don't know enough about all this and charging vehicles, but it was interesting to me that campgrounds are already starting to address the issue in their campground rules. We saw very few charging stations along our route in Iowa, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Kansas etc. One rest park along I70 in Missouri or Illinois (cant remember which state) had a lot of Tesla charging stations.

Just seem to me that we are getting the cart before the horse, as usual.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    California is already experiencing blackouts because they don't produce enough electricity so adding electric vehicles that need high current electricity is just throwing gasoline on the fire.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the above electric grid will not handle it
    NAVY 1980-1984
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2023 GMC SierraDenali 2500 HD
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you will need is a big generator and fuel tank in the truck bed or toy hauler to charge things up. Hmm. Something is not quite right with that picture.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if they keep driving out the people who can afford RVs and trucks, then they'll have to raise their 10% state income tax--yeah, it's really that high there...

That said, I can't even believe what they're already paying for gas and diesel--almost $6 for diesel.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    California is already experiencing blackouts because they don't produce enough electricity so adding electric vehicles that need high current electricity is just throwing gasoline on the fire.
    Now that’s a funny prophesy like no other! Nice!
    Randy and Kris

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast