Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running battery monitor wires in 390RK;

Just put in a battery disconnect and a Renogy shunt and monitor. Now trying to figure out how to run the monitor cable in our 390RK-R. Still using lead acid so the batteries are in the front battery compartment. After looking at all the possible mounting places for the monitor I've settled on the wall in the hallway to the right of the bathroom door.
    Has anyone run a cable in in this area and how to find the exact spot to drill to hit that skinny wall?
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    2021 Solitude 390 RK-R, 3rd AC, tankless hot water, Splendide stacked W/D.
    2021 Ram Bighorn, HO, Aisin, Delmonico Red, long bed, 3500 , auto leveling, TTPMS, Reese GooseBox., Haloview rear and side cameras.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fourwheelrod View Post
    Just put in a battery disconnect and a Renogy shunt and monitor. Now trying to figure out how to run the monitor cable in our 390RK-R. Still using lead acid so the batteries are in the front battery compartment. After looking at all the possible mounting places for the monitor I've settled on the wall in the hallway to the right of the bathroom door.
    Has anyone run a cable in in this area and how to find the exact spot to drill to hit that skinny wall?
    I take it you did not get a bluetooth version?. I would do that, no holes to drill or cables to run.. And they are not much more money.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I take it you did not get a bluetooth version?. I would do that, no holes to drill or cables to run.. And they are not much more money.
    x2 for sure! I never look at the wall monitor that I mounted near the battery. I can look at everything with much more ease on my phone.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    To late. Already purchased and connected.
    2021 Ram Bighorn, HO, Aisin, Delmonico Red, long bed, 3500 , auto leveling, TTPMS, Reese GooseBox., Haloview rear and side cameras.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another option is to mount it below the control panel. In mine that panels is behind a cabinet door. You can remove the panel & see what’s in the wall below it.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    Another option is to mount it below the control panel. In mine that panels is behind a cabinet door. You can remove the panel & see what’s in the wall below it.
    Thanks, but below my control panel is the fuse/breaker panel with no real estate to mount the monitor. Also according to my measurements it's borderline too far away for the 20 ft shielded cable from the shunt to reach.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, but below my control panel is the fuse/breaker panel with no real estate to mount the monitor. Also according to my measurements it's borderline too far away for the 20 ft shielded cable from the shunt to reach.
    Actually was able to mount it on the convenience center panel. Took out the generator sub module since we don't plan on ever having an onboard generator. The cutout from the generator panel was exactly the right height but 1/4 too narrow. A little trimming and fit right in. Had about 14 inches of cable to spare.