User Tag List

Left The Driveway GBMB and DENALI's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12V Fridge and Window Question

Hi All,

We have a 2022 Imagine 2600RB and have been out for our initial voyage the past six weeks. We have a question about the 12V Furrion Fridge. When keeping the temperature around 35 degrees the items in the back, next to the back wall of the fridge freeze. We are wondering if anyone else had this issue and what could be done to try and eliminate it from happening. Also has anyone had to clean the coils, we have a grate along the bottom where I'm assuming air enters because part of the grate is dirty as if it was from sucking in air for the coils. The other half is not. We've cleaned it.

We also have the single pane windows and a number of them are difficult to open as if they are sticking on the tracks. Anyone else experience this and what type of lubricant can be used, if any.

Thanks.

Greg
    GB, MB and Denali
    2022 Imagine 2600RB - Morryde CRE 3000, 2 Battle Born Gamechanger 3.0 Batteries 540 Amps, 600 Watts Solar
    2019 GMC Denali HD 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GBMB and DENALI View Post
    Hi All,

We have a 2022 Imagine 2600RB and have been out for our initial voyage the past six weeks. We have a question about the 12V Furrion Fridge. When keeping the temperature around 35 degrees the items in the back, next to the back wall of the fridge freeze. We are wondering if anyone else had this issue and what could be done to try and eliminate it from happening. Also has anyone had to clean the coils, we have a grate along the bottom where I'm assuming air enters because part of the grate is dirty as if it was from sucking in air for the coils. The other half is not. We've cleaned it.

We also have the single pane windows and a number of them are difficult to open as if they are sticking on the tracks. Anyone else experience this and what type of lubricant can be used, if any.

Thanks.

Greg
    Hey Greg, hope you're enjoying your new Imagine.

There have been a few threads on refrigerator temperature, search is your friend. Some have reported success using fans to circulate the air.

We used a spray lube on our window tracks (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B071QZH2R8), they slide a lot more easily now.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Hey Greg, hope you're enjoying your new Imagine.

There have been a few threads on refrigerator temperature, search is your friend. Some have reported success using fans to circulate the air.

We used a spray lube on our window tracks (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B071QZH2R8), they slide a lot more easily now.
    Thanks for the links. We are loving our new Imagine so far. It's our last night of camping and heading back tomorrow.

I think I may try the fans next time we head out. After reading some forum ideas it is the back that gets the coldest. Perhaps a circulation fan in there will help move the coldest air around and not have frozen items.

Greg
    GB, MB and Denali
    2022 Imagine 2600RB - Morryde CRE 3000, 2 Battle Born Gamechanger 3.0 Batteries 540 Amps, 600 Watts Solar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    +1 on the inside fans. Makes a huge difference on keeping a consistent temperature. Placement isn't as big of a deal as just having airflow.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 Ram 2500 Laramie - 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel

BattleBorn LiFePO4 - Renogy/Victron Solar - SumoSprings - SeeLevel II

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GBMB and DENALI View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks.

Greg
    Same issues here. Just back from a 5 week trip and dealt with frozen items in back, warm items in front. Going to try to wire in a fan. Just not sure where to pull power from.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    Same issues here. Just back from a 5 week trip and dealt with frozen items in back, warm items in front. Going to try to wire in a fan. Just not sure where to pull power from.
    I ran the fan wire to the back of the fridge through the temp sensor hole and tapped into the red 12V wire going to the switch lamp (see diagram). You could also tap directly into the switch lamp inside but I wanted the cleaner look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 15.38.34.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	613.1 KB 
ID:	42767
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azink007 View Post
    I ran the fan wire to the back of the fridge through the temp sensor hole and tapped into the red 12V wire going to the switch lamp (see diagram). You could also tap directly into the switch lamp inside but I wanted the cleaner look.

Thanks. I have a 2022 with the Furrion so the wiring will be a bit different probably but this gives me an idea or two.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type of fan or fans are you using that run on 12V? I was looking and the only ones I saw like that were designed for the fins on the old style gas absorption fridges. Would that be the type you used and just mounted it someplace? If you have pictures I would appreciate it. I noticed the Beech RV Fan on Amazon and wondered if this would be better providing the batteries last a bit of time.

Thanks.
    GB, MB and Denali

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used two of these fans and this fan controller (to run at reduced speed). They are extremely quiet!

Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CG2PGY6...p_mob_ap_share
    Noctua NA-FC1, 4-Pin PWM Fan... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072M2HKSN...p_mob_ap_share
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used two of these fans and this fan controller (to run at reduced speed). They are extremely quiet!

Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CG2PGY6...p_mob_ap_share
    Noctua NA-FC1, 4-Pin PWM Fan... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072M2HKSN...p_mob_ap_share
    Thank you for that information. How or where did you mount these fans. Our Furrion 12V fridge has glass shelves so I'm curious where
    you might have placed them to have enough space to draw and move the air in the fridge.

Thanks again.
    GB, MB and Denali